Shocker Women T&F Sign 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Women T&F Sign 17

Coach Rainbolt announces the incoming women's track and field athletes for next year:

WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita State University women's track and field team has signed 17 student-athletes to National Letters of Intent to join the program for the 2011-12 season.

As goshox74 mentioned on the Men's thread you really don't know how good of a class it is for a couple of years, but I'm not willing to bet against Coach Rainbolt's judgement and ability to develop track athletes.

Coach Rainbolt continues to recruit the majority of the athletes from in state as 11 of the 17 women are from Kansas. (11 of the 16 men signees were also from Kansas).

The ladies have some big little shoes to fill with Tonya Nero completing her eligibility, but with Aliphine and a number of other strong performers returning I would expect the Shocks to continue to be competing for MVC Championships.

:goshocks:

You are correct that they will have some little big shoes to fill! haha! This class looks solid on paper, a little bit of everything - which is how Coach Rainbolt likes it.

I think this team has enough firepower for the 2012 season to once again be the favorites in the MVC. I think SIU lost quite a bit from their team but they will probably be a solid competitor. Illinois St may be the toughest competition for the Shockers next year.

Don't forget WSU hosts the 2012 MVC Outdoor Championships in Cessna Stadium!

Comment

Amanda Gardner is a beast and can do a lot more than pole vault. Expecting great things from this class.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
      X