Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB at UConn

Shocker SB at UConn

The Shockers continue conference play this weekend, playing UConn in single games Thursday through Saturday. The start times are 3pm on Thursday and Friday and 11am on Saturday. Almost amazingly, Thursday will be the home opener for UConn.

The Huskies are a preseason pick for seventh among the eight schools playing softball in the AAC with their current RPI being last among the AAC schools. Their record thus far is 13-20. They played in tournaments hosted by Jacksonville, Coastal Carolina, Florida Gulf Coast, Georgia Tech/State, Oklahoma State (they were run-ruled by the Cowgirls), and Texas A&M with a couple of mid-week games sprinkled in. They opened the conference by being swept by USF, two of the losses by run-rule.

Olivia Sappington with a team-leading five home runs has an OPS of .894 with only one other player above .700.

Jill Stockley has an ERA of 2.16 and a WHIP of 1.26. The other likely starter is Marybeth Olson at 2.60 and 1.11. The Huskies do not have a great record, and the schedule is not the toughest either, but pitching seems to be strength of the team.

The record for the Shockers is now 18-12.

Bailey’s ERA is 2.79 with a WHIP of 1.26. BaileyK, the only other steady performer at the moment, has numbers of 2.97 and 1.55.

Paige has the highest OPS at 1.030 followed by Laurie at .985. Bailey, Bailee and Ryleigh are all above .800.

I hope they can get the snow off the field in time to get the game in.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

It won't be much warmer in Wichita this weekend than it will be in Storrs and hopefully the winds will be more tame in Storrs then they have been in Wichita.

Rain and Showers in the forecast for Friday.

Shocks could really use a sweep this weekend after dropping 2 of 3 to Memphis.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 28, 2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Series Preview From GoShockers.com

Not as good or concise as the ones flyingMoose does for us but might have a few tidbits of interest. A lot of repitition from one series to the next in these previews.
        And while we don't have football at WSU this preview does prove the Shocks have their fair share of tight ends.

Comment

There is no snow here. We bad. You should sweep easily.

Comment

Doesn't appear that way so far. Halfway through the game and it's 3-0 Huskies. Shocks have 3 inning starting with the bottom of the lineup to make some hay or really be off to a rough start in the league.

Comment

A couple of hits and small ball followed by a Nickerson bomb and it's now tied at 3, bottom 5.

Comment

Buck, Lange and Perrigan coming to bat for the Shocks in the top of the 6th, still tied at 3.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Doc, have you been following what Hunter has been doing at the Texas Relays! Going for 8,000.

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just on twitter. Needs a 5:00.56 1500 for 8000 by my count. Unbelievable,

A Ryleigh Buck walk followed by a Bailey Lange home run and the Shocks are up 5-3.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was just thinking, I bet Stockley is about done....and the Huskies go to the bullpen. Heart of the order up for the Shocks with 2 on and 2 out in the top of the 6th trying to break the game wide open.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                A couple of hits and small ball followed by a Nickerson bomb and it's now tied at 3, bottom 5.
                I think Bailee might hit plenty of long flies in her Shocker career. Looks like she has tremendous lower body strength. Good balance at the plate and a really nice swing. The she hit in Game 1 against Memphis last weekend was mashed.

Comment

Hon run....8-3.

Hon run..... 10-3.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Hon run....8-3.
                    Coming into this game Mackenzie had 2 RBI out of the lead off spot. Today she has 4 RBI.

Comment

I hope we at least bought Fr P Marybeth Olson dinner before that little outing.

Comment

That escalated quickly.

Comment

Going to let BaileyK get in an inning or two. I assume we start Caitlyn Bingham tomorrow with BaileyK waiting in the wings if and as needed then bring BaileyL back after only 5 innings of work today for the finale.

Comment

Working...
                          X