No announcement yet.

NCAA Track & Field Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid there is way too much racing going on by our gals at this stage of the race.

I hope I am wrong. Still 2 of the top 3 runners are wearing black and yellow.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Lead pack of 11....3 + laps to go.

Comment

11 runners still pretty closely packed with 4 laps to go.

Comment

3 laps now...sorry. An Iowa State runner just collapsed and is out.

Tonya and Aliphine still in the top 5.

Comment

Tonya looks like she may be fading a little. I wonder if the heat got to her a little bit.

Comment

Dropping like flies ....8 in the pack. Aliphine leads the way, Tonya waiting patiently at the back.

800 meters left.

Comment

Tonya has been dropped....6 including Aliphine.

Comment

I had Aliphine in 5th and Nero in 7th.

Great race ladies...that's 2 All American Shockers!!!!!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Aliphine lacked the kick of the top 2 girls but she looked STRONG. I have to think she is a real contender in the 5k in 2 days.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwsu: :posterwu:

Comment

Yes, great effort ladies. I was worried that the heat might be bothering Tonya as she poured water over her head at least 3 times. As you mentioned, an Iowa State runner collapsed and one runner, not sure what school crawled across the finish line. Not sure if it was the temp or the humidity. The young lady from Duke ran an impressive final 400 to win the race.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Pretty sure that Duke runner is a 5k champ as well so she was going to have a bit of a kick, and it showed.

Still, a great race, and the Shocks score a few points at the NCAAs!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          Aliphine lacked the kick of the top 2 girls but she looked STRONG. I have to think she is a real contender in the 5k in 2 days.

Aliphine is a strong looking young lady and she is just a sophomore. She may very well be the one to break the ice for the Lady Shockers in winning an NCAA Championship in track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Assuming this 10k run did not take too much out of her. That is a tough double.

Comment

Very strong run for Tuliamuk, and like mentioned previously, it's gonna be fun watching her over the next couple of years be one of the nation's best! Nero didn't look as good as she did 2 weeks ago in Oregon but still improved from 17th last year to 7th this year. She graduates as one of the best ever Shocker distance women - and that list is becoming considerable! And without a doubt she is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Tanya Friesen's first NCAA meet has been a struggle so far as she sits 23rd in the heptathlon after the first day (4 events). She has had a sore achilles since the MVC meet so hopefully she will have enough juice left tomorrow to put out a strong finish.

Comment

Friesen pulls out of the heptathlon competition with a bad achilles.

Tuliamuk runs the 5k tonight at 8:15pm!!! Let's go Aliphine!

Comment

Working...
                                X