X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to check out for now.

:goshocks:

Comment

Audacia fails to qualify for the NCAA 100M finals running a so-so 12:06 to finish 23rd and she finished 32nd in the 200M prelims with a time of 24.59 well off her 23.51 PR. As I mentioned before I kind of wish she would have passed on the triple-jump competition. Not sure if she was 100% for these races or not. goshox74 might be able to shed some light on that.

Comment

Business left for the Shocks on Saturday:

Aliphine in the 5K and the 4x100 relay (Williams, Moore, Hallman and Pruitt)

Comment

Yeah it wasn't a great day for Audacia. I don't think the TJ had anything to do with that as she did that and much more before her great times at the MVC 2 weeks ago. If anything for an athlete like her a couple jumps will get her warmed up. The times were slow today because of the terrible sprinting conditions - cool and running into a pretty strong headwind (esp in the 200). Most of the athletes from all the schools were very slow if you look at their results. I'm sure she's very disappointed though.

Hopefully the 4x1 can get it going tomorrow and Aliphine can make it 2 for 2!

Comment

Aliphine finishes 9th in the 5K and will be in both the 5K and 10K races at the NCAA Finals. Way to go Aliphine.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Shocks finish 18th in the 4x100 which won't allow them to advance.

Comment

So for the Shocker Ladies Tonya Nero will be a legitimate contender for a National Title in the 10K and Aliphine Tuliamuk will also be a very capable contender in both the 10K and the 5K runs.

Good Luck, Ladies.

Comment

And don't forget Tanya Friesen will be competing in the NCAA Heptathlon.

Aliphine was one of the only athletes in the nation to qualify in both the 5k and 10k. That's a tough girl! The 4x1 ran pretty well improving from 24th to 18th.

With Tonya and Aliphine, the Shocker women have a very good shot to finish in the top-20 at the NCAA Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74
                    And don't forget Tanya Friesen will be competing in the NCAA Heptathlon.

Aliphine was one of the only athletes in the nation to qualify in both the 5k and 10k. That's a tough girl! The 4x1 ran pretty well improving from 24th to 18th.

With Tonya and Aliphine, the Shocker women have a very good shot to finish in the top-20 at the NCAA Championships.
                    I meant to ask about Tanya. I guess the multi-eventers do not have regionals to deal with.

Comment

Correct, doing 3 (including MVC) heptathlons or decathlons in the span of 5 weeks would be asking a little to much of these athletes. Her qualifying is a heck of an accomplishment for the Buhler grad as a sophomore - never ran hurdles or threw anything in high school!

Comment

Shocker women ranked #25 in today's NCAA poll ... http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500

While these rankings are impressive it also shows the flaws in the NCAA Track and Field rankings system. The WSU women have had a great team all year but have been ranked in the 30-40 range because this is a NATIONAL MEET ranking. The reason they shot up this week is because of 2 athletes, Nero and Tuliamuk, doing so well last weekend in Oregon. I know there are some new rankings possibly coming out next year that may measure a team's overall strength more accurately. That would show WSU in a better light since they have a "team" mentality and don't just recruit a couple of studs to try and score at the national meet.

Having said all that, it's still exciting to see the Shocks in the top-25! Nice job ladies!

Comment

The NCAA Finals begin tomorrow and what a first day it could be for the Shockers!

Tonya Nero and Aliphine Tuliamuk will go in search of WSU's first ever NCAA women's track and field championship in the 10k. The race begins at 8:45pm and the link for the webcast can be found here: http://www.ustfccca.org/weekly-resul...or-track-field

Nero and Tuliamuk come into the 10k with the #1 and #5 seeds, respectively, and either one could bring home the big trophy tomorrow night. 2 weeks ago at Oregon Nero proved she could beat the rest of the top seeds (mainly the 2 girls from Iowa State) in a slow, tactical race. With the temperatures looking very warm tomorrow I assume it might be another tactical race and hopefully that is good for Tonya. With a 4:22 1500m PR she probably has as much speed as anyone who will be in the front pack.

Tanya Friesen will compete in the Heptathlon Thursday and Friday with Tuliamuk doubling back in the 5k Friday night as well.

Best of luck Shockers and anyone who likes WSU sports should make sure to tune into the live webcast Wednesday night for this 10k. You might see history!!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up and the webcast link. I will do my best to tune in.

I would love to see Shocker history in the making.

Good luck, Ladies.

Comment

Looking at the live results in the NCAA Women's Long Jump it shows the stadium record at 273.0M (895'-8")

That's pretty good although the landing had to be a killer. Must have been wind-aided!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                                Looking at the live results in the NCAA Women's Long Jump it shows the stadium record at 273.0M (895'-8")

That's pretty good although the landing had to be a killer. Must have been wind-aided!
                                Did they have to file a flight plan?

Comment

Working...
                                X