No announcement yet.

Robben & Dawkins Leave (& Replaced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, Nicole Wells is listed as a 6'2" forward on the GPC web site. I don't think her height was listed in the signing announcment.

While neither Nicole or Jasmine appear to be big scorers we are not losing much scoring from Heather and BreAnna either so that may not be that important.

We are picking up some size in Wells and Jones appears to like to play defense so, hopefully, she will be able to step right in and replace that aspect of BreAnna's game.

BTW, good luck to Heather and BreAnna.

Comment

Interesting. The GPC web site announced Nicole Wells signing with the Shocks on April 13th followed by an announcment of Jasmine Jones signing with the Shocks on April 26th.

Makes you wonder whether these signings were in respons to Heather and BreAnna leaving the program or whether Heather and BreAnna leaving the program was in response to these signings.

Then again why would the Shockers wait until now to announce the signings. Maybe the simply agreed with all parties to wait until the end of the school year to make these announcements.

Seems a little unusual to me, but that's probably just showing my ignorance.

Comment

it is funny that it is made to be a big deal when 2 girls leave WSU's program, but I would lean towards the idea that both players are not happy here and this is a good thing for the program. Nobody wants people around who are unhappy and only going to complain. To say that having turnover makes it tough for team chemistry doesn't make sense, having 2 unhappy players stay would definitely hurt team chemistry. Move on, find somewhere else to play and let WSU work with the girls that want to be here. Adams is the coach, her style is working and if a player comes in and plays and then finds out she really doesn't fit with the style then letting her leave is the right thing. Remember, they are teenagers for the most part, they all make decisions that they may end up regretting or may work out, but it is their decision.

Keep up the great work Coach Adams and the program moving forward!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmakey
          it is funny that it is made to be a big deal when 2 girls leave WSU's program
          3 girls (not 2) left this year and a total of 9 girls have left in Jody's 3 years. I don't think anyone is making a "big deal" of it, but it is a something to keep an eye on. There is something to be said for continuity. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            Originally posted by Schmakey
            it is funny that it is made to be a big deal when 2 girls leave WSU's program
            3 girls (not 2) left this past season and 9 girls have left in Jody's 3 years. I don't think anyone is making a "big deal" of it, but it is a something to keep an eye on. There is something to be said for continuity. IMHO.
            :good:
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Program

Let's see, if I recall correctly, WSU WBB just had one of the best 2-year periods in terms of wins in the history of the program. That fact serves to point out just how amazingly inconsistent the program has been over the years. It has always had some outstanding girls on the team, but not enough overall quality depth to do extremely well. Jody now has a roster of 12 on the team with a core of experienced girls. Yes, some of the past juco girls her staff recruited haven't worked out, but with their record of success for the past 2 yrs, my bet is that the 2 new jucos the staff added will be pretty good quality players. At this point, there is good evidence to suggest that next year willl be even better in terms of wins than the last 2 yrs were.

Comment

Re: Program

Let's see, if I recall correctly, WSU WBB just had one of the best 2-year periods in terms of wins in the history of the program. That fact serves to point out just how amazingly inconsistent the program has been over the years.
                Yes, we were 35-30 (0.538) over the last two years, which is the 5th best two-year performance since 1974-75. However, we haven't been inconsistent, in fact, we have been pretty consistently mediocre (at best).

Jody now has a roster of 12 on the team with a core of experienced girls. Yes, some of the past juco girls her staff recruited haven't worked out, but with their record of success for the past 2 yrs, my bet is that the 2 new jucos the staff added will be pretty good quality players.
                We do have six very experienced players returning next year. Haleigh is capable of being one of the top 3 players in this league. Jessica and Jazimen also can be very good players in this league.

I expect the two juco recruits to be role players. The have no more, if as much success, than the most recent group of juco tansfers and their juco stats are pretty pedestrian. We did get a pretty good Senior year from Morgan Boyd. Sheena Johnson was solid in her one year in the program. Alicia struggled for most of her Junior season but showed some signs of life late in the year. I'm hoping she duplicates Morgan's improvement in her Senior year. You never know though how kids will adapt to the next level of play.

At this point, there is good evidence to suggest that next year willl be even better in terms of wins than the last 2 yrs were.
                Next year is the year I would expect us to make a push towards a top 3 finish in the MVC. A lot may depend on how ready Krystle Henderson is able to contribute at the point. Looking forward to seeing the newcomers including the two incoming freshman.

It would be nice if Kelsey Jacobs would get a medical redshirt for last year, although I haven't heard anything about that and I'm not sure she meets the required parameters.

We lose 8 players over the next two years so we also have a couple of important recruiting classes in the next two years. Looks like we have a good start on the class of 2012 with the commitment of Alie Decker who sounds like a nice player.

I think our best shot of building a consistently competitive MVC program is with 4-year players. Injuries and player defections can have an impact on maintaining continuity in that regard as evidenced by this past year and perhaps force your hand to fill gaps with juco players.

Comment

1972, Kelsey has applied for a medical redshirt and the coaching staff is pretty confident that she will get it.
                  The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
                    1972, Kelsey has applied for a medical redshirt and the coaching staff is pretty confident that she will get it.
                    Thanks. Let's hope so. We would have a hole in the donut in our sophomore class, but we have a couple of years to deal with that.

Comment

Looks like Breanna Dawkins is heading to North Texas.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Perhaps Breanna just wanted to be closer to home.

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
                        Kelsey is listed on the 2011-12 roster as a Redshirt Freshman so apparently her medical redshirt was approved.

:good:

Comment

Working...
                        X