Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose
    Originally posted by JohnnieBallgame
    Has there been any information released relative to who is interviewing for the softball coach? Does the silence mean anything? Are we looking at an assistant from a program still playing?

Let's get it done and start recruiting unless the coach has some unfinished business!
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    ... I see the 8 teams heading to the WCWS are set and 4 of those teams are from the Big XII (OU, OSU, Mizzou and Baylor).

They are joined by ... Florida together with fellow SEC member Alabama and two PAC-10 teams (ASU and Cal).

Not a lot of conference diversity represented there but it is what it is. It also could be an indication that we might be waiting on someone to finish playing. And then again, it may mean nothing.
    The WCWS is, in part, a coach's convention. (Are there formal meetings?) I suspect a lot of information and opinions about various open coaching positions is shared. I recently overheard a conversation where an assistant coach in the region expressed the idea that WSU was a desirable position: one of the best facilities in the Valley, close enough to Oklahoma and Texas for recruiting (sorry, Hov), pays well. We shall see.
    Hey, never said they had to load it up, just give our girls an opportunity.

I count five teams in the CWS who have had Kansas girls play for them in the past three years or will have in the next three. Baylor, OU, Missouri, OSU, Florida. The Defense rests::::::

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
      Originally posted by flyingMoose
      ... (sorry, Hov) ...
      Hey, never said they had to load it up, just give our girls an opportunity.
      Sorry, that was a useless aside on my part. Your point is well taken.

Comment

Just my opinion. They will hire a female D2 head coach or female assistant D1 coach. Even though they have quality male assistants apply with World Series Coaching experience and professional playing experience that is from the Wichita and Oklahoma area that could bring in quality talent from the near regions. Like I said just my opinion.

Comment

I'm willing to give any coach, male or female two years to prove they are worth a darn. :) And they don't have to win every game, just get better.

My personal opinion, you can play 500 ball with the team they have now given the right combinations and work from there.

Comment

Don't need a cheerleader for a coach. Need someone that can get these girls better with hitting, pitching, and defensive instruction. Need a teacher not a drill instructor.

Comment

Hovpen, check PM please.

Comment

Speaking of recruiting, the last time I talked to my friend at Butler, their freshman pitcher had 15 D1 schools recruiting her and she was still unsigned. If we get a coach in here soon we probably have a shot at picking her up for next season. That is if the new coach is willing to look at Juco players.

Comment

Working...
                X