Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB Media Day

Preseason teams. No love for WSU.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Shockers picked 10th, UConn unanimous 1st.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Absoulutely no surpirses here.

Comment

Seriously, if UCONN's starting 5 didn't finish 1-5 in the POY voting, something is wrong. Kia Nurse and Katie Samuelson are as good as practically anyone I've ever seen in women's college basketball.

Comment

Looks like Geno must have cast his ballot for South Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Looks like Geno must have cast his ballot for South Florida.
            There must be a rule that you cannot cast your first-place vote for your own team, since the article claims the Huskies were voted first-place unanimously. I suppose to state the obvious. :)

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              There must be a rule that you cannot cast your first-place vote for your own team, since the article claims the Huskies were voted first-place unanimously. I suppose to state the obvious. :)
              That would appear to be the case. Since in that case there would be only 11 voters for each team. The best UConn could due would be 11 x 11 = 121 which is what their point total is.

USF's point total appears to be one 1st, nine 2nds and one 3rd. (1 x 11) + (9 x 10) + (1 x 9) = 110. With all the other 11 coaches having voted UConn 1st then Geno did, in fact, had USF at the top of his UConnless ballot.

One thing the Shocks do have that UConn does not have is that the Shocks have the possibility of exceeding expectations.

Comment

That would appear to be the case. Since in that case there would be only 11 voters for each team. The best UConn could due would be 11 x 11 = 121 which is what their point total is.

USF's point total appears to be one 1st, nine 2nds and one 3rd. (1 x 11) + (9 x 10) + (1 x 9) = 110. With all the other 11 coaches having voted UConn 1st then Geno did, in fact, had USF at the top of his UConnless ballot.

One thing the Shocks do have that UConn does not have is that the Shocks have the possibility of exceeding expectations.
                It appears you cannot vote for your own team for first, last, or any where in between. You only vote for the other 11 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

It appears you cannot vote for your own team for first, last, or any where in between. You only vote for the other 11 teams.
                  Yes, that is correct as the examples in my post pointy out. That's the only way I can see the point totals working out.

Comment

Yes, that is correct as the examples in my post pointy out. That's the only way I can see the point totals working out.
                    I am glad to have "generated" the correct answer without doing any of the work. :) Mistakes lead to new discoveries.

Comment

Sully with a report on the Lady Shocks in conjuction with the AAC Media Day.

While Connecticut dominates the conference, there are other strong programs. Temple and South Florida earned at-large NCAA bids last season.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 17, 2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Sully talks about UConn's total dominace of the AAC. See Alone At The Top in the middle of this report.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 17, 2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X