Lady Shocks at Southern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks at Southern Illinois

The opening weekend of the MVC finds the Shocks in Carbondale for a three-game set with the Salukis. SIU is 13-9 on the season and are a preseason pick for first in the conference along with Illinois State.

One out at a time ladies

Comment

Shocks down 1-0 after three innings.

Katie started but was relieved by Sloan in the second after Katie loaded the bases with walk, single and walk after getting the leadoff batter on a fly to right. Sloan minimized the damage to one run.

Erin Carney is in the lineup today.

Shocks with only one walk to their credit after 3 AB's.

Comment

The GT for Game One:

Sloan in for Katie in the bottom of the second with the Shocks trailing 1-0 after three. Glosson already has five strike outs for SIU.

Comment

SIU 4 - Shocks 0

Danielle Glosson with a 2-shut out for the Salukis.

Comment

I just have to say this...the biggest disappointment I see so far is our senior pitcher, Smet. She'll look so good one inning and then come in and give up multiple hits and runs. I don't understand this from a pitcher who has been given the chance to be the #1 starter this year and has failed to achieve. Especially her senior season. You would think she'd dig in and really improve this year. I don't know if she's playing hurt or what. I just expected more out of her this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              SIU 4 - Shocks 0

Danielle Glosson with a 2-shut out for the Salukis.
              Breezy came in to start the sixth and gave up two runs. Sloan proved to be the most effective of the three, giving up one run in three and two-thirds and pitching out of a no-outs, runner-on-third situation. Erin had a double and Danika had a single for our hits.

Comment

The GT for Game Two:

Comment

Originally posted by whatevershock
                  I just have to say this...the biggest disappointment I see so far is our senior pitcher, Smet. She'll look so good one inning and then come in and give up multiple hits and runs. I don't understand this from a pitcher who has been given the chance to be the #1 starter this year and has failed to achieve. Especially her senior season. You would think she'd dig in and really improve this year. I don't know if she's playing hurt or what. I just expected more out of her this year.
                  I doubt that Breezy's results are due to a lack of effort. Sometimes you simply are what you are.

Comment

Well said 1972Shocker. I just would like to see some fire/heart from a senior.

Comment

Salukis hold a 1-0 lead after four. Sloan has pitched all of this one, giving up two hits resulting in a run in the first.

Re Breezy: All of our pitchers, despite throwing different speeds and pitches, are basically spot pitchers. Breezy does not seem to be able to consistently hit a spot. Why, I do not know. But this is definitely her worst year.

Comment

Game 2 to the Salukis 3-0.

Shocks losing streak reaches 9 games.

Comment

On the day, Erin has two hits, the only Shocker doing so. And Jamie pitched one and a third to close out this game!! She has apparently "unretired" from the circle.

Actually, the pitching today seemed entirely adequate. The run-less offense clearly was not.

Comment

Shocks 0-5 Southern Illinois

Same song, third verse.

The pitching (Sloan) was adequate, the offense was non-existent. Sloan relieved Katie (two earned runs of two allowed) in the bottom of the second and allowed one earned run (of three allowed) in four and two-thirds. We had two hits on the day and for the weekend, eight hits and two runners on third.

Comment

SIU is expected to win the Valley this year, so no surprise here. We need to take care of business with the rest of the conference.

Comment

Working...
                              X