Let's sweep 'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's sweep 'em!

We beat Illinois St. and Indiana State at home. Let's do it on the road. Too much goes into how tough the Valley is on the road. Forget it. Play ball and kick some tail!!

That would be outstanding. However, I based on our lack of success on the road I would settle for a sweep. Illinois State will be very tough. I think we can get Indiana State although no road games are a gimme by any means.

Comment

If we sweep 'em both, I'll run naked through Koch Arena at the February 17th Mo. State home game. Nevermind, I'll be out of town for that game.

:D
      SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
        If we sweep 'em both, I'll run naked through Koch Arena at the February 17th Mo. State home game. Nevermind, I'll be out of town for that game.

That was close!! I heard the Bears were canceling the annual bus trip to Koch until you recanted, much less the pain and agony inflicted on us season ticket holders. (Don't look, Ethel!)

"Boogity Boogity!!!" Here it is! The classic Ray Stevens music video for his smash hit comedy song "The Streak"!www.RayStevens.comwww.RayStevensCabaRay.comww...

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
          Originally posted by SFL

That was close!! I heard the Bears were canceling the annual bus trip to Koch until you recanted, much less the pain and agony inflicted on us season ticket holders. (Don't look Ethel!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoU...eature=related
          Surely they could shoot a video to replay on the scoreboard. In fact, I would suggest it would get the crowd energized far better than the current pre-player-introduction montage. Or maybe not.

Comment

"Here he comes, Boogity, Boogity
            There he goes, Boogity, Boogity
            And he ain't wearin' no clothes"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            SFL is back!

Comment

You know, I think that is an upgrade from what were getting.

HCJA could play the part of Ethel.

Comment

Tonight's game with Illinois State is on Kansas 22 at 7:00 pm.

I'll tell you after the game whether this is a good thing or not.

Comment

All-in-all a pretty solid 1st half by the Shocks as they lead 30-28.

Jessica Diamond with one of her better halves of the year.

Haleigh with her usual foul trouble. They may have to matchup with Shala Jackson with Alicia or someone else. Otherwise, Jackson will no doubt attack Haleigh to try to get her in further foul trouble.

The Redbirds will also probably try to take Jessica out of the game if they can in the 2nd half.

Breanna and Michelle still struggling to hit their free throws.

Shocks with a short bench tonight. Morgan Boyd did not make the trip due to injury although I did not hear what the nature of the injury is.

Hopefully, the Shocks can maintain their energy level for another half.

Comment

Illinois State in the bonus with about 12:00 minutes remaining. That may be a deciding factor.

Michelle Price fouls out with 11:00 minutes remaining.

Shocks may be getting tired.

Comment

Chynna fouls out with 8:30 remaining.

HCJA probaly should have thought about zoning more tonight.

Comment

Double bonus for the Redbirds with 7:00 left.

Comment

Illinois State 69 - Shocks 60.

A pretty good effort by the Shocks whose legs were clearly gone at the end of the game. Certainly can't complain about the effort.

Still have some execution things and some brain drains to work on but there were some good things to build on also.

Hopefully, the Shocks will have enough left in the tank for Indiana State on Saturday. A game they could win if they play as well as they did tonight.

Comment

I agree about the zone. Their 2-3 worked quite well. They stopped the drive and rebounded well out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach
                              I agree about the zone. Their 2-3 worked quite well. They stopped the drive and rebounded well out of it.
                              I think the 1st time they showed the zone was at about the 5:00 minute mark. They got a stop but could not score, then on the next possession they went back to the man and the Redbird's Emily Hanley scored on a layup. They did play a little more zone after that but it was a little too late.

The times they have played zone this year they have been pretty effective with it. I think it is something Jody should deploy more frequently.

Has anybody heard anything about Morgan's injury. I did not listen to either the pre-game or post-game radio shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X