X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks v Bradley

Lady Shocks 81-74 Bradley

Only saw the second half of this one.

We withstood two separate Bradley comebacks in the second half. We knocked down FTs late. We shot the ball well for the entire game. We won a game when the opponent scored more than 60.

Whatever "secret sauce" hcja gave the team, keep it coming. Four or five players in double figures, they got the ball inside and attacked the rim. Of course hitting the 3 at almost 50% doesn't hurt. Sanchez is a huge liability on defense. Keep it going shox :yahoo:

Comment

A very nice and much needed win by the Lady Shocks. The game had a lot of ebbs and flows but the Shocks always had an answer for Bradley runs in the second half, especially with Morgan and Haleigh knocking down some big treys. Morgan's trey after Bradley pulled within 71-70 with less than 2 minutes to play was probably the key shot in the game.

Shocks did not look like a bad shooting team today at least from the field. I think they finished at around 55% or so for the game. Five players in double figures. They needed them all as Bradley had a big advantage in free throws shot and made.

Not a great defensive effort by the Shocks in the second half but it was good enough today since the Shocks had their shooting shoes on.

:goshocks:

Comment

UNI beat the Bears, 67-59.

Comment

From the Wichita Eagle:

In a telling statistic, the Shockers have not defeated an opponent this season when they have scored more than 60 points — eight games, eight losses.
          If you had told me before the game that Bradley would score 74 today and would outscore us by 15 from the free thrown line I would have predicted an almost sure defeat for the Shocks.

I guess that's part of what makes sports so much fun - the unpredictability of any specific game.

Comment

Both teams took 54 shots from the field, the Shocks however made 10 more FG's than did the Braves and outscored the Braves by 22 points from the field to overcome the big disadvantage at the line.

Not a formula that has worked very often for the Shocks and I'm not convinced it is one that they can rely on consistently but it worked out well today.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
              UNI beat the Bears, 67-59.
              UNI has really put themselves in the driver's seat in the MVC race.

They get Creighton at home on Thursday. If they win that one then the race will be pretty much over. After Creighton the only team reamining on UNI's schedule that is over 0.500 is Illinois State who plays UNI in Cedar Falls in the last game of the regular season.

Comment

UNI did knock off Creighton 60-52 and they are now solidly in the driver's seat for the regular season Championship. They have season sweeps in hand over Creighton and Missouri State and Illinois State is the only team reamining on the schedule that is playing above 0.500 in conference play and the Lady Panthers get them at home on senior night.

Comment

Working...
                X