The First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First

Looking forward to Sara Younes Butler's Hall of Fame induction during the halftime of the Bradley game (along with Travis Wycoff, Tim Raley and Ryan Barkdull this is a very nice HOF class).

Sarah was the key that opened the door for Shocker success in Volleyball and now she is opening the door for what I hope will be the induction of many great volleyball players going forward.

My first Shocker Volleyball match, just to check out a program that I was just starting to hear good things about, was on September 13, 2003 vs San Diego State.

I found my self memerized by one of the best female athletes I had ever witnessed at the College level (among other attention grabbing attributes). After Sara finished hammering the Aztecs with her great jump serve for 14 aces in the Shocks 3-1 victory I was hooked and have been an avid Shocker VB fan since.

Congratulations to Sara and thanks for the memories.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

WSU has a great group of VB alums. I talk with Mel on rare occasions (e.g. when I walking by her in my usual oblivious state and she stops me or I notice and stop her when she is running late :D ) and I sometimes see some other current or former players (or coaches.) The players and coaches for WVB at WSU are fantastic people. (I've always been a huge fan of Sarah McGee; I love her spirit. Of course, Kelly and Mel were great. Sara L. was amazing. Emily? Wow. So many great WVB alums!!)

Anyway, lots is going on behind the scenes but nobody is reporting anything. (I'm not going to report anything here but someone else might comment on rumors of injuries, surgeries, transfers, etc. ) Lots of things are going on in the world of women's volleyball (e.g. VolleyTalk news) but Shocker fans are not hearing about it. Where are our sources who will give us the inside scoop? :D
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      WSU has a great group of VB alums. I talk with Mel on rare occasions (e.g. when I walking by her in my usual oblivious state and she stops me or I notice and stop her when she is running late :D ) and I sometimes see some other current or former players (or coaches.) The players and coaches for WVB at WSU are fantastic people. (I've always been a huge fan of Sarah McGee; I love her spirit. Of course, Kelly and Mel were great. Sara L. was amazing. Emily? Wow. So many great WVB alums!!)

Anyway, lots is going on behind the scenes but nobody is reporting anything. (I'm not going to report anything here but someone else might comment on rumors of injuries, surgeries, transfers, etc. ) Lots of things are going on in the world of women's volleyball (e.g. VolleyTalk news) but Shocker fans are not hearing about it. Where are our sources who will give us the inside scoop? :D
      Saw Coach Lamb and most of the girls at the EMHE house volunteering to do whatever they could.

Comment

I have heard from some sources that a few people have transferred after last semester, but once again, I'm not 100% sure on all of these, just what I have heard:

Jada- Friends (Everyone had already heard about this)

Vogts- Tabor

Banwart- I can't remember where to, but someone said she had transferred.

Other than that I haven't heard much, and without the ability to see them at home this spring, I don't know how much else we can get. I'll keep my ears open and try to get a few more inside scoops. I know that Hoop was playing on some bad shins near the end of the year, but I haven't heard anything about surgeries for any of the girls.

Comment

Any (good or bad) news (or updates) about
          Lindsey Engel?
          Elizabeth Field?
          Mary Elizabeth Hooper?
          Emily Adney?

(PS Mel is not a source in this case.)
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Are you trying to hint towards something?

I can see what I can find out. I make no promises, though. Do you have some news on any of them or could at least try to make it more clear at what I need to find out?

Comment

Lots of things are going on but nothing is being reported. For example, when are our home spring WVB matches? There is news out there but nobody is reporting it.

I'm not a complete fan of the "let's keep everything secret for as long as possible" school of thought which exists in WSU WVB. WSU minimized Sarah McGee's injury before the NCAA announced the at-large teams to the WVB tourney. In the end, this might make the selection committee wonder "What isn't WSU telling us?"

Comment

Seemingly hinting at some bad news is kind of not kosher, imho.

I wish I could add something or put to rest anything, but I cannot.

I have seen Elizabeth Fields a handful of times since the end of the season. She always appears to be fantastic.

I hope everything is good....I love this program.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                  Lots of things are going on but nothing is being reported. For example, when are our home spring WVB matches? There is news out there but nobody is reporting it.

I'm not a complete fan of the "let's keep everything secret for as long as possible" school of thought which exists in WSU WVB. WSU minimized Sarah McGee's injury before the NCAA announced the at-large teams to the WVB tourney. In the end, this might make the selection committee wonder "What isn't WSU telling us?"
                  Nobody is reporting it?

Volleyball in the spring — WSU will not hold a spring volleyball tournament at Koch Arena. Coach Chris Lamb said he couldn't find teams interested in the available dates.

"We weren't getting a lot of love from people coming here," he said.

WSU will travel to Houston, an annual stop, on March 26 to play in a multi-team tournament. It plays Nebraska in Grand Island, Neb., on April 9. The Shockers travel to Kansas City on April 16 to play Kansas State, and perhaps others, at a location to be determined. On April 23, WSU plays Oklahoma and Texas-Arlington in Norman.

The Shockers start practice in mid-March. Individual drills started last month.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/02/27/173...#ixzz1G7w7RXlX
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    Seemingly hinting at some bad news is kind of not kosher, imho.

I wish I could add something or put to rest anything, but I cannot.

I have seen Elizabeth Fields a handful of times since the end of the season. She always appears to be fantastic.

I hope everything is good....I love this program.
                    By and large, there is no "bad news." With such a large team, there is bound to be some movement, this year just like every year. There are always injuries; it's a tough game.

However things are happening and nobody is reporting it. Just because the lack of news is mentioned does not mean that there is "bad news."

Comment

The Mad Hatter: My bad. I forgot that someone had reported that we will not have any spring WVB matches.

ADDED: Maybe I should say that if you depend on me for the inside scoop, you're going to be disappointed; I don't know it. I'm frustrated not to hear if Chelsey Feekin is making big strides. Or how Elizabeth Field is holding up. (Remember the whole "national discussion" on volleytalk about the ability of thin players to survive four years of D1 WVB. Remember how Stephanie Tokarz's Shocker career turn out? (Stephanie ( = Mel's "housemate") is a wonderful person.))

I want to hear if we're going to improve at libero. I want to know if we'll play 5-1 or 6-2. I want some news. (Did MBB drive me over the edge? :whistle: :D )

Comment

I hear you 316. I hope MEH is recovering from the pounding she takes during the year.

These young ladies do seem to wear down throughout their careers. I am looking forward to hearing whatever there is out there on this program. Even scraps.

If your point is there isn't enough coverage of volleyball off season, then I couldn't agree more.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

So this is what I have heard:

Hooper has an abnormal stress fracture and so she will probably be resting for as much as she possibly can.

Andrade has a knee injury that requires her to have a knee brace while walking around campus.

Comment

Working...
                          X