Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting

Have we signed anyone else besides the Emporia and Valley Center girls

Volleyball recruiting info seems to be locked up tighter than a lid on a pickle jar.

Comment

Right now our class breakdwon next year will look like this:

3 Seniors
      3 Juniors
      11 Sophs (9 redshirts)
      2 Redshirt Freshman
      1 Freshman (Lauren Longbine out of Emporia - Ashlyn Driskill from VC is class of 2012. My guess is that Lauren will redshirt next year.)

A little imbalance in our Sophomore and Freshman classes. Not sure if that is important to Lambo or not. I assume that Lambo has currently comitted all 12 of his schollies.

Hard to believe we won't see a little thinning out of the Sophomore class with some young ladies perhaps transferring elsewhere to find more playing time. Pretty much all of these young ladies are decent players from what I can tell. Not sure what the scholarship situation (athletic or scholastic) is for this class. 8 of the overall roster spots are not on athletic scholarships. Then again they may all be as happy as cucumber in a pickle jar.

Personally, I would like to see a little more balance among the classes, but it is what it is and Lambo know a heckuva lot more than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Volleyball recruiting info seems to be locked up tighter than a lid on a pickle jar.
        That always seem to be the case. For example, Emily Adney and the Shockers were not a blip on anyone's "published" radar that I am aware of - at least, not like Chelsey was.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
          Originally posted by WuDrWu
          That always seem to be the case. For example, Emily Adney and the Shockers were not a blip on anyone's "published" radar that I am aware of - at least, not like Chelsey was.
          I remember Lamb making reference to a big armed left-side hitter out of Colorado in a pre-match meeting, but that was the only thing I head about Adney until an official announcement of the team signings much later.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Transfers are always a possibility also. Stockman, Zwiesler, Meyer and Tokarz come to mind. Of course, those probably more or less just fall into your lap. Can't really plan or count on those.

Comment

Working...
            X