X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Numbers 29 Nov

This week's numbers:

20th in NCAA RPI
    Gone from the AVCA Poll (not surprisingly)
    and the RickKern Poll, so
    we don't know the Pablo Ranking until the Friday result is posted.

Oklahoma is 28, 31, 28 (in order above) and has a Pablo Ranking of 39. The Shocks Pablo Ranking is probably lower than that, but we will be playing on their court.

OU was swept by Kansas @McCasland to end the season. It would not appear they are playing their best volleyball either.

Comment

WuDrWu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      OU was swept by Kansas @McCasland to end the season. It would not appear they are playing their best volleyball either.
      And the SHOX are playing thier best? Beat up by Creighton 25-12$*%#*%#*? Giving away 12 points in a row?%$*%#*$#@
      Better pass so we can set and better hit the ball down for points - This is the NCAA Tournament not the Valley.
      GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        -It would not appear they are playing their best volleyball either.
        The "either" at the end of Doc's post indicated he thinks someone else may not be playing their best VB. I took it to mean he was referring to the Shocks. Do you thing he was referring to another team?

Comment

I am a little concerned with the Shocks apparent lack of motivation in the MVC Tournament. However, I do think they will be adequately motivated come Friday.

We are a better team I believe than the one that swept OU earlier in the season. Francie Ekwerekwu, OU's preseason All-Big XII OH, did not play in that match and has only played sporadically this year having played in only 38 sets with her last appearance in 1 set vs Colorado on Nov. 10th.

Sallie McLaurin, a 6'2" MB, was named the Big XII Freshman of the Year.

OU finished 4-4 down the stretch with their best win a 3-1 decision over then #14 Iowa State in Norman.

This is a very winnable match for the Shocks if they play up to their capabilities and play with some fire in their bellies.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            This is a very winnable match for the Shocks if they play up to their capabilities and play with some fire in their bellies.
            Yes, do they want to be the first team to make the NCAAs and lose their first-round match? (If you don't prefer this motivational ... whatever, provide your own. :) )

With only one match against real competition with the new "team", the staff will have a big task in practice (and on the fly during the match?) figuring out exactly what they have and how best to put it together. But Lambo and staff have certainly performed that feat before.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
              Oklahoma ... has a Pablo Ranking of 39. The Shocks Pablo Ranking is probably lower than that ... .
              Wrong, Molten-breath! A reliable source informs me the Pablo for the Shocks is now 41. :(

Comment

Working...
              X