Senior Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Night

The marketing department is taking some hits for not having highlights up, but in fairness there are a variety of videos on the YouTube channel, if you subscribe.

Here are the 3 ladies who will be making their last appearance at home this weekend in a Shocker uniform.

There is a video of highlights from the Drake & Creighton weekend. Is it my computer, or is the audio screwed up (or is it just a crappy song I don't know?).

Doc, it's not your ccmputer. The audio is screwed up. Not sure about the music.

Three outstanding seniors who have left a very positive mark and legacy at Wichita State Unviersity.

Favroite Part About Playing at WSU? It was unanimous. The support of the Shocker Fans. Let's not let these Ladies down and show up in HUGE numbers this weekend.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Not that Shocker fans should need any additional incentive to attend the Senior Night against Bradley there are a couple of promotions:

Saturday night is Senior Night and Senior Citizen Bingo Night. Shocker seniors Lindsey Eckenrode, Sarah McGee and Amanda Backes will be honored before the match.

Senior citizens get $1 off their ticket and Bingo cards handed out to all in attendance to play in-game Bingo for prizes.

It's also Wichita Eagle Family Night, so four tickets, four hot dogs, four popcorns and four drinks for $32.

Comment

Bradley is playing much better volleyball of late. Bradley has won 3 matches during the second half of the conference season after going winless during the 1st half.

Bradley beat Evansville 3-1 at Evansville a team the Shocks were lucky to escape with a 3-2 win against last weekend.

Bradley swept Illinois State in a recent match. Something the Shockers could not do this year.

Tonight Bradley pushed MSU to 5 sets losing 15-11 in the 5th set.

Shocks may be without Sarah McGee who came down wrong on a slide attack and appeared to sustain some sort of knee injury late in the 4th and final set of the UNI match. She did walk off under her own power but did not return to the match. Lambo was not sure what her status was for sure in his post-game remarks.

Lambo did say this has become the BIGGEST match of the year. A win secures the #2 seed in the MVC Tournament. A loss coupled with a Creighton win over SIU, which is probable, would push the Shocks into the #3 seed. If MSU would upset UNI tomorrow the Shocks could fall to the #4 seed if they lose.

Hopefully, the Ladies can pull it together and win one for the Seniors.

:goshocks:

Comment

Senior Night

So did anyone find anything out about how Sarah McGee's knee is at the game with Bradley tonight. I went to the VB game last night & the women's basketball game today, so I didn't make it to the VB game tonight. It sounds like Ashley Andrade did pretty well filling in for Sarah tonight as a MB!

Comment

A bitter sweet night with Sarah McGee on the sidelines with crutches. She will have an MRI on Monday but chances are her Shocker career is at an end. Most likley is looking at a torn ACL.

2,776 fans (why there weren't double that is a mystery to me) wished a heartfelt thank you and farewell to 3 outstanding young ladies. Sarah, Lindsey and Amanda will be missed but not forgotten. These ladies have definitely made a positive mark on our VB program, our University and our Community.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Shocker team responded to the adversity of losing Sarah by playing one of their best and most consistent matches of the year.

The scoring balance was something to behold and Ashley Andrade filled in for Sarah in tremendous fashion.

The Shocks totally dominated a Bradley team that has been playing pretty well lately including losing a 5 set match to MSU last night.

Best of all the Shocks secure the #2 seed in the MVC Tournament and they showed they will still be a very tough team even with the loss of Sarah who Lambo considers the best all-around MB in Shocker History.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

I couldn't bring myself to talk to her and I had to pass on the party afterwords as well. She was crying enough and didn't need to see a grown man break down too.

Her injury certainly seems to be career ending. It's just not fair. I don't know what else to say.

Ashley did play well. Elizabeth is playing by far her best volleyball of the year.

I hope Sarah's injury doesn't affect our NCAA possibilities. I think we're in no matter what if we beat CU or MSU on Friday....otherwise I don't know.

It was painful to watch the girls warm up.....Waldo was holding back tears all night.

The most painful blowout I've ever seen. Just not fair.

Comment

how did that in-game bingo thing work?
                did they just randomly draw bingo numbers throughout the course of the match, or were certain numbers tied to certain in-game events?

Comment

Ashley Andrade was very impressive tonight. She had 8 kills on only 16 swings with just 1 error for a .438 hitting percentage.

She hits a very heavy ball and it is impressive on how hard she can hit the ball with a short, quick stroke. She also had 3 block assists.

Elizabeh Field looked good running the slide behind the setter which has been primarily Sarah's duty.

Camri rebounded from a poor match against UNI with another very solid match and Emily continue with her outstanding conference season.

Emily had 9 kills, Camri 8, Ashley 8, Elizabeth 7 and Amanda 5 with is outstanding balance and distribution.

Shocks with 6 service aces against only 5 service errors also had one of the best serving nights of the year.

With Sarah we have lost our storngest and most effective blocker and I doubt we can totally replace that.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
                    how did that in-game bingo thing work?
                    did they just randomly draw bingo numbers throughout the course of the match, or were certain numbers tied to certain in-game events?
                    They just randomly drew numbers during the match but the match was over so quickly they only called about 10 numbers. If you were able to get a bingo with so few numbers called you should have left the building immediately and bought a lottery ticket.

Our marketing department has not exactly been on a roll lately.

Comment

I did get a kick out of Bradley's diminutive defensive duo.

Junior twin sisters Genevieve DeJean (5'1") and Rachelle DeJean (5'2").

They were quick and they got after it.

Comment

They define scrappy. I thought they made some super digs, especially a couple of missiles from Emily.

I don't wish anything bad on the girls when it comes to volleyball, but I'd kill to see a good closeup of the facial that Ashley Andrade delivered to that one Brave. The paper mentioned MEH talking about the girls betting when she would break someone's nose....that's the kind of killer instinct I like!

We can't replace Sarah, but I still believe this team can do damage in the Valley tournament and beyond.

Hoop is connecting more with the middles, Emily is a BEAST on the outside and Camri is solid even if she's been off her game of late. But the biggest difference maker is Elizabeth Fields. Her game is MILES ahead of earlier this year. She is pounding the slide, and blocking like a maniac.

She is going to be All Conference, at least, the next 3 seasons. Her upside is limitless right now.

This team, right now, given a good draw, can make the round of 16.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          This team, right now, given a good draw, can make the round of 16.
                          I've felt that before in the past with some of UNI's teams.
                          Hopefully they put y'all somewhere other than Lincoln.

(I'm hoping UNI gets to host that first weekend, but they try to avoid pairing conference-mates in the first two rounds).

How about a Panther/Shocker match in the Final Four? :D

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            But the biggest difference maker is Elizabeth Fields. Her game is MILES ahead of earlier this year. She is pounding the slide, and blocking like a maniac.
                            Lambo commented on Elizabeth's improvement since the beginning of the year. I was a little distracted when he made those comments but he certainly was very pleased with how far she has come.

Comment

UNI certainly deserves to be a No. 1 seed in a regional and, hopefully, they get to host a regional.

I think the Shocks are in, but how we do in the MVC Tournament will have a big impact on our seeding.

Comment

Working...
                              X