No announcement yet.

Official Thread: Shox vs. Redbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what the complaint is. It's known before the season starts that the only automatic bid comes from the conference tournament (this is the case in most MVC sports). This leaves you with two options:

1. Win the MVC tournament

2. Build a non-conference resume such that if you don't win the tournament and hope you get an at-large bid.

When your in the MVC, your only sure thing is do (1). From reading the players comments, the players didn't come out with the proper mindset. Thats on them (the players) and the coach. You would have thought they would have learned the first time.

Comment

Just returned from Springield. Illinois State pretty much turned the Tournament into a disaster for Missouri State attendance wise.

Not only did they knock of host MSU in the 1st round, but they knocked off the Shocks, who probably had the second best following in the Semi's. A nice contingent of Shocker fans at the match including Jim Schaus.

As far as the ISU-WSU match goes Illinois State played like a team with nothing to lose and they were absolutely attacking everything hard. Definitely, ILS more aggressive than the Shocks were.

The Shocks just did not seem focused in Games 1 and 2, partially evidenced by their high number of Service Errors in those games.

While ILS was attacking everything the Shocks were dinking and dunking, partially because they were playing out of system so much and were not getting great passes and sets.

It appeared that Stephanie's feet were bothering her. She did not play at all in Game 3 and only played a couple of points late in Game 4, however, she did start Game 5.

ILS outplayed the Shocks and deserved to win, but it was still a tough loss for the Shocks and their fans.

Hopefully, the Shocks resume is good enough to pass muster for an at-large bid this year.

:cry:

Comment

Nice to see a good crowd there. I wonder how many there were non-family/friends. Only people I really had a conversation with were family of a team member.

Comment

Working...
        X