Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach of the Year and Player of the Year . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach of the Year and Player of the Year . . .

Go to WSU's Chris Lamb and Sara Lungren.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. ? Wichita State head volleyball coach Chris Lamb earned Missouri Valley Conference Coach-of-the-Year honors and volleyball student-athlete Sara Lungren earned Missouri Valley Conference Player-of-the-Year honors at the pretournament banquet on Nov. 22 in Springfield, Mo.

Sara is only the 5th two time POY in MVC history. While some of her stats declined from last year, I think that her all around play, especially her digging was what makes her POY. There is no other hitter of her caliber in the Valley that can dig the way she does, and she now has career numbers of over 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs. She also has very good serving and blocking numbers.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

I've never seen a tall outside hitter like Sara that can dig like a libero. Just a tremendous player who has played at less than 100% all year and still was deservedly voted Valley POY. Great career which she can hopefully can top off with some wins in the NCAA tournament.
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
    X