Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks take to the Road

At ISU2 this weekend.

The Shocks are #28 in the RPI and I am saying right now, 8-1 in the 2nd half of the Valley and lose to UNI in the tourney gets the Shocks into the tournament.

We would be 5-6 against the top 50 and something like 15-6 against the Top 100 with a top 25 RPI.

BUT, we have to take care of business on the road and keep getting better which is what I saw last weekend when they dismantled a solid Evansville team.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Re: Lady Shocks take to the Road

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    At ISU2 this weekend.

The Shocks are #28 in the RPI and I am saying right now, 8-1 in the 2nd half of the Valley and lose to UNI in the tourney gets the Shocks into the tournament.

We would be 5-6 against the top 50 and something like 15-6 against the Top 100 with a top 25 RPI.

BUT, we have to take care of business on the road and keep getting better which is what I saw last weekend when they dismantled a solid Evansville team.

I agree that 8-1 solidly gets us into the NCAAs. For all the complaining about the Valley in some sports, you have got to give Valley volleyball credit. The league has done a lot to improve itself beyond 3-4 teams at the top and the RPIs are a reflection of that. I want to win conference championships, but it is nice to have the league be at a point where a couple of losses doesn't kill your NCAA hopes.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shocks take the first set 25-15. Sounds like Camri had a big first set.

Shocks had 4 services errors and no aces. So despite that an easy 10 point win.

Comment

Shocks go up 2-0 at the break with 25-14 win in Set 2.

Shocks need to guard against a let down in Set 3.

UNI dominated INS in the first two sets last week then dropped Set 3 to the Sycamores.

I would prefer not to give them any hope or momentum.

Comment

No such let up for the Shocks as they complete the weep winning 25-17 in Set 3.

A good workman like win over a team they should sweep.

Camri and Emily continue to lead the way with 14 kills each.

Sarah and Elizabeth combined for 11 kills with no errors in the middle.

Should get a little tougher tomorrow night in Normal.

Comment

Illinois State takes Set 1 over MSU 25-22.

Comment

Started a little slow in the first set, but a good solid Friday performance by the ladies.

Now on the bus and over to Normal to finish the weekend.

Comment

Illinois State has the Bare Ladies on the ropes 2-0 after taking the second set 25-23.

Comment

UNI and Drake tied at 1-1. UNI winning 25-20 in Set 1 and Drake with a convincing 25-16 win in Set 2 in Cedar Falls.

Comment

Illinois State takes the third set 25-20 to sweep Missouri State in Normal.

Shocks will need to be on their game tomorrow night.

Comment

UNI takes Drake out in 4 sets.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        UNI takes Drake out in 4 sets.

The Geese are sneaky.

Comment

After Evansville and Southern Illinois play their match tomorrow night, I will post the Pablo rankings going into this weekend, which starts the second half of the conference schedule.

Unless someone has a subscription to RichKern and can post them now ...

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                            After Evansville and Southern Illinois play their match tomorrow night, I will post the Pablo rankings going into this weekend, which starts the second half of the conference schedule.

Unless someone has a subscription to RichKern and can post them now ...
                            By way of avoiding any cease-and-desist messages in my direction from the authorities, a short explanation is in order. As part of the RichKern paid service, Pablo rankings are available "immediately" after the match - I assume the Monday following weekend matches. As part of his free service, he provides scores of the matches, giving the current Pablo ranking for each team. But of course, those rankings are "late" even though they are current. So much for short explanations.

But a kind soul has provided the two missing Pablo rankings. Thus, the rankings going into this weekend are provided below with the ranking at the beginning of the conference schedule in parentheses.

11 Northern Iowa (13)
                            33 Wichita State (41)
                            41 Missouri State (63)
                            51 Creighton (84)
                            70 Drake (33)
                            78 Evansville (93)
                            102 Illinois State (59)
                            107 Southern Illinois (36)
                            189 Indiana State (186)
                            254 Bradley (252)

Comment

Shocks win game 1 after starting fast 25-22.

They are putting the wood to the Redbirds in game 2.

Amanda Backes is hitting .600

Comment

Working...
                              X