Uniform numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform numbers

Happened across the match program from the WSU@UNI match earlier this season while cleaning, and I noticed something.

They list Chelsey Feekin as 8/18 under uniform number,
    and Amanda Backes is listed as 15/23.

Anyone know why they have two numbers listed for each?
    (certainly doesn't matter one bit, just a matter of curiousity)

I've noticed Amanda wearing 15 and 23 at different times. I had not really noticed Chelsey with two different numbers but she does not play much.

I don't know for sure why that has happened but here is my guess:

Chelsey Feekin was #18 last year and Senior Libero Melissa Granville was #8. My guess is Chelsey perferred #8 and laid claim to that for any new uniforms ordered this year, but they may still use one or more sets of Jersey's from last year with her name and #18.

I'm thinking Amanda Backes who was #15 last year decided she would like #23 on any new unis ordered this year. Not sure who used that last, but I think that was Michael Jordan's number so maybe Amanda thought that would help her hang time. So her number will depend on whether they are wearing a new jersey ordered this year or a carryover set from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      I've notice Amanda wearing 15 and 23 at different times. I had not really notice Chelsey with two different numbers but she does not play much.

I don't know for sure why that has happened but here is my guess:

Chelsey Feekin was #18 last year and Senior Libero Melissa Granville was #8. My guess is Chelsey perferred #8 and laid claim to that for any new uniforms ordered this year, but they may still use one or more sets ofJersey's from last year with her name and #18.

I'm thinking Amanda Backes who was #15 last year decided she would like #23 on any new unis ordered this year. Not sure who used that last, but I think that was Michael Jordan's number so maybe Amanda thought that would help her hang time. So her number will depend on whether they are wearing a new jersey ordered this year or a carryover set from last year.
      Bingo.

Comment

Working...
      X