Shocks at UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks at UNI

Here we go! A great opportunity for the Shocks to give their season a huge boost.

UNI is not invincible, but their pretty close to it in the MVC.

I was surprised how easily UNI dispatched MSU last night and I would consider a win by the Shocks tonight to be unexpected and big upset.
    But there is a reason they play the games, so we will see.

:goshocks:

Oh great! Someone pulled the plug just as they are announcing the lineups.

:-x

Comment

Plugged back in. :good:

Comment

Shocks lose a tough first set 23-25.

The Shocks seemed at little shaky at the start falling behind 2-6.

The battled back to tie the set at 15-15, fell behind by 16-19, tied again at 20-20 on a Block Solo by Amanda and took their only lead of the set at 21 all. Unfortunately, they could not pull it out late.

This match may very well turn on doing all of the little things well and making as few mistakes as possible.

At least the Shocks may have convinced themselves they can play with the Panthers.

Comment

Camri had no kills in the 1st set. If you had told me that before the set I would have said the Panters would have boat-raced the Shocks in the set.

Comment

Shocks fall behind early again in Set 2 and trail 3-8. Just can't keep doing that against UNI and expect anything good to happen.

Comment

Shocks drop the second set 25-18 and were never in the set trailing by as much as 10 at 12-22.

Sounded like the Shocks serve receive and passing was very poor in this set.

Also sounds like UNI is getting a few more free balls than are the Shocks.

Add to that a couple of lucky bounces and the Shocks had no chance in Set 2.

It would be nice to at least take a set from UNI but we can't spot UNI a 4-5 point advantage from the get go and expect to have a chance.

Comment

UNI has really shut down Camri. She is hitting an negative .090 on
                a 2-4-22 attack line.

Amanda and Emily have by far the best attack lines for the Shocks in the 1st two sets.

Jackie Church will play the Libero position in Set 3. Waldo's serve receive and passing has not be great tonight based on Mike's play-by-play.

Comment

Shocks spot UNI another early lead in Set 3 at 3-9.

Looks like point, set, match coming up in relatively short order.

Comment

Northern Iowa finishes off the sweep with a 25-23 win in set 3.

To the Shockers credit they did not fold up their tents after their poor start in Set 3.

Sounded like Emily Adney played very well in Set 3, but Amanda struggled with her game.

Shocks just not ready to give the consistent effort needed to hang with UNI. Hopefully, they will be better ready to deal with UNI later in the year at Koch Arena.

Comment

No doubt we have to get better, and we can. In a match decided by 11 points, WSU was a -5 (errors to aces) and UNI was a +3.

Until the Shocks can reverse this ugly trend of being a sub par serving team, it's unlikely the rest of the talent will overcome good to great teams.

Unfortunately, this is not something new.

Comment

Lambo not very at happy at all with his team. One of the more disappointing performances he has seen any of his teams give.

Said they had a deer-in-the-headlights look about them and he did not thing they every looked like they thought they could win and he wasn't particularly happy with the effort. Said his team was apparently a lot younger than he thought.

Said his best players did not deliver.

Said he was going to have to have a talk with his setter, his Libero, his Seniors and his best players.

I guess the silver lining is that we can play so poorly and still not get totally blown out by a very good UNI team.

Comment

Losing the match is not unexpected at this point. Essentially a great opportunity pull an upset and make a statement was lost.

The key now is how the Ladies react and respond. Hopefully, the return match at the end of the season will still be very important and give the Ladies another opportunity to make a loud statement.

Comment

I still have high hopes for this team. When UNI comes to OUR house I think the outcome will be different. Tonight was disappointing, but I really did not think we would win. But I was sure hoping we would not get swept!! Wanted to go at least 4 or 5 close sets with them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              Losing the match is not unexpected at this point. Essentially a great opportunity pull an upset and make a statement was lost.

The key now is how the Ladies react and respond. Hopefully, the return match at the end of the season will still be very important and give the Ladies another opportunity to make a loud statement.
                              Exactly. If we take the right lessons from this, we are talented enough to run the table from here on out, including UNI at Koch. It is just a matter of whether a young team responds with discouragement or increased motivation.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X