MVC Conference Season Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Having MSU at #63 though really make these Pablo ranking suspect IMHO.
    I agree, along with the Southern Illinois result. It is still early, so it will be interesting to see where they are halfway through the Valley. In my limited experience, the Pablo Ranking are pretty accurate by the end of the season.

Comment

Saturday Night Results:

UNI 3 - WSU 0
      CU 3 - EU 0
      MSU 3 - BU 2
      DU 3 - SIU 0

ILS and INS did not paly conference matches on Saturday.

After the opening weekend UNI has confirmed why they were the strong favorite to repeat as MVC Champs. With wins of the #2 and #3 ranked teams they have put themselves solidly in the drivers seat. A second consecutive undefeated MVC season for the Panthers is a definite possibility.

Creighton did well picking up road wins at SIU and Evansville. The Bluejays may be a little better than I was thinking they were.

SIU was the big loser of the weekend losing two home matches to Creighton on Friday and Drake on Saturday. Lambo has been talking the Salukis up but they have put themselves behind the 8-ball with these losses.

Bradley must be improved over last year. They will still probably finish well down in the standings but I was surprised with them taking MSU to a 5th set before losing tonight.

Looks like both the Shocks and MSU may have some work to do to shore up a few weaknesses, are clearly a step or two behind UNI and are both susceptible to being upset themselves.

Comment

Working...
      X