No announcement yet.

BYU Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks played a little loose late in the set but had a good cushion and put away the set 25-20 to go up 2-0.

Camri, Emily and Ashley playing well.

Shocks hit 0.452 in the 2nd set.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

The Shocks again get a little loose late but take Set 3 25-20 to finish off the sweep.

Not sure how good Houston is (they are now 1-6). The only common opponent this year is OU who defeated the Cougars 3-2 in a close match.

Lambo did not do a great deal of subbing in this match.

Amanda Backes and Sam Sanders saw just a little action in Set 3. Otherwise, pretty much went with the starters plus defensive help from Jackie Church. Stayed in the 5-1. I don't think Chelsey played in the match.

Shocks hitting percentage much improved over the prior two weekends.
      0.356 for the match.

:goshocks:

Comment

Field

Which position did Elizabeth Field play last night. I thought she is a middle blocker, but with Sarah McGee and Ashley Andrade playing that position, it seems doubtful. It sounds like Field may have been the starting ROH.

Comment

Re: Field

Originally posted by xazshox
          Which position did Elizabeth Field play last night. I thought she is a middle blocker, but with Sarah McGee and Ashley Andrade playing that position, it seems doubtful. It sounds like Field may have been the starting ROH.
          I know that against Stephen F. Austin we ran a 3 middles rotation, using double quicks rather than a right side hitter in some rotations. I don't know if that is what we were doing last night, or if one of the middles was moved over to the right side.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Hasn't Andrade been playing the right side all year thus far when she plays?

Comment

WSU 25 LMU 23 set 1
              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

WSU 25 LMU 19 set 2
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

WSU 25 LMU 23 set 3

Shockers win in 3 sets but it wasn't easy.

Comment

Shocks knock of BYU in a tough 4-set match (25-19, 22-25, 25-21 and
                    25-21) to complete a 3-match sweep in BYU.

Good call by 1stThings1st.

This was a good tournament with solid competition for the Shocks. Nice to see them snap back from the loss to Portland.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

OU beat Missouri State 3-1 in Springfield tonight. That's one I thought the Bears would get.

Comment

Re: BYU Invitational

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                        I see the SHOX completing the weekend 3 wins 0 losses at this West Coast trip. Why? CONFIDENCE + Leaders make us a tough team. We have too many places to score and a leader on the court and leader off the court adding some confidence helps us sweep the invitational. Thats what I see.http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/pdf/0000014337-1.pdf

I am humbled by the superior intellect.

Comment

Shocks with a lot of candidates for the All-Tournament team.

Camri, Waldo, Emily, Big Mac and Hoop are all worthy choices IMHO.

Camri gets my vote for MVP or MOP.

Comment

Good job by the ladies and Lambo responding to a bad loss. I doubt we will be ready to beat UNI on the road a week from today, but you never know.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              OU beat Missouri State 3-1 in Springfield tonight. That's one I thought the Bears would get.
                              So did I.

UNI swept the KU tourney, so that's a good thing. The Panthers beat KU (AGAIN), this time 3-2. Up 2-0 they took their foot off the gas and had to win in the 5th. KU was 8-1 against a pretty weak schedule to that point. They beat CU 3-1 and were swept by a good MTSU team.

Comment

Emily Adney with her first (but probably not her last) All-Tourmament honor and Camri is indeed the Tourmnament MVP.

:good: :clap:

Comment

Working...
                                X