MVC Champs! MVC Champs!

:clap:

Comment

We win!!!

Comment

Great job Shocks !!!!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Fittingly Sara Lungren leads the Shocks to a tough, tough win over UNI by scores of 30-26, 15-30, 30-27 and 33-31 and clinch the MVC regular season championship and the #1 seem in the MVC Tournament.

Not sure the Shocks played their best but the figured out how to win the match.

I thought the turning point in the match was after UNI went on a run to take a 15-11 lead in Game 3 after dominating Game 2.

The next point was a long, long, long rally with several outstanding saves by Kelly and Melissa that kept the Shocks in the point which the finally won. They came back to tie the match at 15-15 and then went on to the win.

In Game 4 they trailed 12-16, took a four point lead at 24-20 only to see UNI come back on a 7-0 run to take a 27-24 lead before the Shocks rallied again for the 33-31 win.

Shocks showed a lot of resiliency tonight.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Huge win. I know that we only needed one this weekend to wrap up the title and number 1 seed, but I am so glad to keep our winning streak alive to see how highly ranked we can get.

Great win Shocks!
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Is it now MSU and UNI battling tomorrow night for 3-4 seed? Both are 13-4.

Creighton is in at 14-4, so it will be interesting to see how the seedings shake out. We will either see a CU-MSU, CU-UNI or MSU-UNI match in Round 1 of the tourney, depending on how this all resolves itself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                    Huge win. I know that we only needed one this weekend to wrap up the title and number 1 seed, but I am so glad to keep our winning streak alive to see how highly ranked we can get.

Great win Shocks!
                    I agree. While I'm confident that we would have won the Championship with a win tomorrow night at Bradley it is nice to get it against a quality opponent like UNI and get some revenge for our only MVC loss.

Nothing is assured but we may just have punched our ticket to the NCAA Tournament with this win tonight, although I hope we have 3 more wins in us to leave absolutely no doubt.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
                      Is it now MSU and UNI battling tomorrow night for 3-4 seed? Both are 13-4.

Creighton is in at 14-4, so it will be interesting to see how the seedings shake out. We will either see a CU-MSU, CU-UNI or MSU-UNI match in Round 1 of the tourney, depending on how this all resolves itself.
                      Actually, MSU is 14-3 and UNI is 13-4. If MSU wins they are in sole possession of second place and the #2 seed in the tournament.

If UNI wins their will be a 3-way tie for second at 14-4. I think UNI might win that tie-breaker by virtue of their win over the Shocks earlier in the year.

Not sure who wins the tiebreaker for the #3 seed between MSU and CU.

Illiniois State is the #5 seed and SIU secured the #6 seed tonight.

Bottom line is the winner of the UNI-MSU match grabs the second seed.

If MSU wins, CU will be #3 and UNI #4. If UNI wins MSU and CU will be #3 and #4 based on a tiebreaker.

#3 plays #6 Southern Illinois and #4 plays #5 Illinois State. Therefore, we will not see any of the matches you mentioned in the 1st round.

Comment

Wow, what a great valley tournament with the top 4 teams this year. Gonna be a lot of fun to watch. Maybe I should stop listening to close games on the radio. Had other commitments both during the MSU and this match and left when we were losing and it wasn't looking good. What stands out to me is in the box score we hit .088 to 0.207 for UNI in the 4th set and still pulled it out. Not something you'll probably see to often.

Comment

Yeah, you look at the stats and you wonder how the Shocks managed to pull this one out.

UNI outhit the Shocks in all four games and averaged 0.236 to 0.115 for the Shocks. Both teams had 63 kills but the Shocks had 40 errors to only 18 attack errors for UNI. UNI outblocked the Shocks by a very wide 20-5 margin.

The Shocks did serve well getting 6 aces to only 7 errors which is a very good ratio (UNI had 3 aces and 9 service errors).

The Shocks outdug UNI 92-83. Maybe the key difference in this tight match in favor of the Shocks was that UNI made 7 general ball handling errors to none for the Shocks.

BTW, with her 30 digs tonight Kelly Broussard has moved ahead of 2-time MVC Libero of the Year, Karen Augspurger, in career digs. Congrats to Kelly.

As Lambo said in his pre-game show, the most impressive stat for this Shocker team is they win.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

You could hear some Shocker fans cheering in the background of the radio broacast last night. Anybody know how many WSU fans made the trip?
                            The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Katie had a lot of family and friends there last night for starters.

Comment

Working...
                              X