Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA Poll - Nov 12.

Movin' on up!

Notice how little Hawaii and UCLA fell. :lol: http://www.avca.org/CollegiateDetail...=10174&catid=2
    Washington lost a home match and only fell one spot. http://www.avca.org/CollegiateDetail...=10131&catid=2
    Louisville lost to a team that was 12-12 (now 13-12) and fell 4 spots. http://www.avca.org/CollegiateDetail...=10199&catid=2
    Oregon beat USC and UCLA. http://www.avca.org/CollegiateDetail...=10132&catid=2
    Duke lost twice (GT & Clemson). http://www.avca.org/CollegiateDetail...=10157&catid=2 http://www.avca.org/CollegiateDetail...=10116&catid=2
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

ol soo.. .does anyone else realize that UCLA, though playing tough competition, has the second most losses in the entire rankings yet is still #10?...lol why can't that Pac-10 bias apply to Stanford?

:lol:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I think that ties the 2005 team for our hightest ranking ever doesn't it.

We lose to UNI on Friday thoough and we will probably drop out.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

As many are noting on VolleyTalk, it appears most pollsters are filling out their ballots prior to games completing on Sunday. That might explain Hawaii being still at #11.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            I think that ties the 2005 team for our hightest ranking ever doesn't it.

We lose to UNI on Friday thoough and we will probably drop out.

Oct. 10, 2005 NR
            Oct. 17, 2005 #25
            Oct. 24, 2005 #25
            Oct. 31, 2005 #23
            Nov. 7, 2005 #23
            Nov. 14, 2005 #23
            Nov. 21, 2005 #23
            Nov. 28, 2005 #25
            Dec. 19, 2005 #25

Comment

On the other hand, if we beat UNI on the road Friday, and get a little help we could move up again. A win over UNI while not critical (at least I hope it is not critical) would sure help the ol' post season resume.

Comment

Shocks hanging in to #7 in national attendance with Texas and Washington nipping at our heels.

Texas still has home matches with Texas Tech and K-State which both drew about 1,700 fans in Austin last year. However, K-State is nationally ranked this year so they might be a better draw.

Washington still has home matches with Oregon State and Oregon on the day before and day after Thanksgiving. The Huskies drew an average of around 2,100 to those 2 matches last year.

Both will have to improve over last year's attendance for these opponents if they are going to catch the Shocks.

Comment

Even if they do pass the Shocks, WSU will still be top 10 in attendance. Not bad for a "Mid-Major" type school. :)

Comment

26. 6122
                    31. 6024
                    99. 2752
                    120. 2294
                    131. 2196
                    135. 2147
                    143. 2097
                    144. 2090
                    187. 1754
                    189. 1740
                    193. 1712
                    200. 1633
                    210. 1591
                    224. 1546

NOT BAD!!!

Comment

Here is the Top 10 in Attendance with their National Ranking in parenthesis:

1. Hawaii (11)
                      2. Wisconsin (9)
                      3. Nebraska (2)
                      4. Minnesota (29)
                      5. Penn State (1)
                      6. Florida (7)
                      7. Wichita State (23)
                      8. Texas (3)
                      9. Washington (5)
                      10. Stanford (4)

Not sure this really means anything other than the Shock are 1 of only 2 non-BCS schools in the Top 10 in attendance and 1 of only 3 not in the Top 10 rankings that are in the Top 10 in attendance.

Good showing Shocker fans. The good thing is we have the POTENTIAL to do much better. Now do we have the WILL to make it happen in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                        26. 6122
                        31. 6024
                        99. 2752
                        120. 2294
                        131. 2196
                        135. 2147
                        143. 2097
                        144. 2090
                        187. 1754
                        189. 1740
                        193. 1712
                        200. 1633
                        210. 1591
                        224. 1546

NOT BAD!!!

Not to pick on Indiana State (well maybe I am), but the Sycamores are on pace to draw a total of 1,600 - 1,650 fans for the entire season.

Comment

Would you go to watch this (0-16 MVC, 3-21 overall) Indiana State team? I'm afraid I would be busy "that night." :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                            Would you go to watch this (0-16 MVC, 3-21 overall) Indiana State team? I'm afraid I would be busy "that night." :lol:
                            Good point. Actually, we need the Valley bottom feeders like Drake, Bradley and Indiana State to improve their programs because they are killing our RPI.

I see some progress being made at Drake. They seem to making an effort to raise the quality of their program.

I believe Bradley is making a coaching change at the end of his year.

Comment

Working...
                            X