Regional Hosting Off The Table For Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22
    Maybe next year they'll just think about the scheduling. Going into the season NOBODY considered the possibility of hosting. Now that it MAY be a possibility in the future they may look to schedule appropriately.
    You are wrong; somebody had WSU on the radar. Why not be prepared for success?
    CSTV/AVCA Division I Top 25 Coaches Poll

2007 PRESEASON POLL: August 14, 2007
    Others Receiving Votes and appearing on two or more ballots: Wichita State 11

Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The downtown arena would have been a big help for a situation like this.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
        The downtown arena would have been a big help for a situation like this.
        Perhaps, but can you expect them to hold open a few days for an event that may or may not take place, especially if they have the opportunity to book other events on those dates?

On the other hand Nicholls State and/or Western Illinois are not going to draw big crowds for the Women's BB team and it would have been nice to have these dates available.

I suspect that Jim Schaus simply concluded that the likelihood of the Shockers being selected to host was so slim as to not be worth even making a bid in the circumstances. After all the 2005 team which was very comparable to this year's team was not even selected for participation in the tournament, let alone hosting consideration.

That said it would be nice to at least be able to submit a bid and let them turn you down.

Comment

What I don't understand is why they didn't submit the bid, even with scheduling conflicts. WSU has proven that people will come to a match here. What are we, 7th in the nation in attendance? We could make a competitive bid to host. This really blows my mind, unless for some reason Lambo didn't want it.

Comment

We don't know all the facts that went into making a decision like not applying to host a regional. It appears someone made a mistake, we all make mistakes and just hope we learn from them. Shox would be a great host for a regional with our facilities, competitive team, and fan support. I am sure BCScat would like to have his team in our regional since they know they can beat us at Charles Koch Arena. K-State will probably host and draw 2,000 for their game. We should have at least submitted a proposal - why wouldn't everyone (NCAA, WSU Admin, coaches and players) like to see volleyball with 5,000 people in the stands?
            GO SHOX!

Comment

Didn't the article say we didn't bid because the arena wasn't available?
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If worst comes to worst, move the basketball game to the morning and the volleyball matches to the evening. It doesn't take that long to get the b-ball goals outta there and put up a net. I know it was possible. I'm also surprised that we didn't even at least submit a bid. If we would have got it, something could have been done.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe we'll get a better answer later on as to why they didn't bid. And the WBB games weren't a good enough reason, at least IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                  X