Senior Night Match to Be Televised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Night Match to Be Televised

Wichita State’s Nov. 10 match-up with Creighton will be televised by Kansas Now 22. Shocker broadcaster Mike Kennedy will be the play-by-play announcer, while former Shocker Cori Meyer will serve as the color analyst.

I have some mixed emotions about this. On the one hand I think it is great that the VB program will get this kind of exposure.

On the othe hand, if might keep some folks at home who otherwise might come out to say goodbye to Abby and Sara and help keep our Top 10 attendance ranking in place.

Overall, though I have to say that this is a big positive.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

It is surprising that they chose a non-sold-out home match to televise. But, if it brings the program more exposure, then I'm all for it. The Seniors deserve it as well.

Comment

One, they won't sell out a VB game. Two, if you're going to televise a game you want to choose a home game because of the atmoshpere. Showing most road games wouldn't create a lot of excitement since most only get a few hundred. If there are 3-4k there it'll look better and may tempt some to check out a game or two next season. Or maybe post season...
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

are NCAA tournament games hosted on campus?

Comment

1st and 2nd round sites have yet to be determined. I have already voiced my frustration with this......The 3rd and 4th are set as well as the Final 4.

I would think we could have a shot at a sub regional, but it would seem Bruce H and I are the only ones thinking along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
            are NCAA tournament games hosted on campus?
            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              I would think we could have a shot at a sub regional, but it would seem Bruce H and I are the only ones thinking along those lines.
              Not true Doc. I have posted about this possibility recently as have others I think. Probably, SpanglerFan316, but I don't recall for sure.

However, I think we may need to win out to have this chance. At a minimum we can only afford one more loss (including the MVC Tournament). We might get away with a regular season loss on the road to UNI if we win the MVC Tournament or we also might still host if our only loss the rest of the year is in the MVC Tournament Chamipionship game.

If we win out through the MVC Tournament I would think we have a great shot at hosting, although nothing is a sure thing in Women's VB as we all well know.

Do you know if we are preparing or have submitted a bid?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                Not true Doc. I have posted about this possibility recently as have others I think. Probably, SpanglerFan316, but I don't recall for sure.

However, I think we may need to win out to have this chance. At a minimum we can only afford one more loss (including the MVC Tournament). We might get away with a regular season loss on the road to UNI if we win the MVC Tournament or we also might still host if our only loss the rest of the year is in the MVC Tournament Chamipionship game.

If we win out through the MVC Tournament I would think we have a great shot at hosting, although nothing is a sure thing in Women's VB as we all well know.

Sorry '72, my comment was not meant to slight the supporters here. I know there have been others that have brought this up but my frustration lies "higher up", which was where I intended to aim my sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker

Sorry '72, my comment was not meant to slight the supporters here. I know there have been others that have brought this up but my frustration lies "higher up", which was where I intended to aim my sarcasm.
                  No problemo, Doc. I can see that Dennis really has put you in a sour mood.

Let's just keep thinking positive and getting behind our Shocker teams and hopefully good things will continue to happen.

Comment

TV won't keep me home. I know I'm just one person, but I have already set the evening aside for this.

Creighton should be enough motivation for most Shocker fans who are also VB fans. And that number is still growing.

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
                      TV won't keep me home. I know I'm just one person, but I have already set the evening aside for this.

Creighton should be enough motivation for most Shocker fans who are also VB fans. And that number is still growing.
                      :good:

Comment

Another step foward for a program being developed into one of the best in this region. Great facilities, excellent coach, great student athletes, very supportive administration, national best fans (top ten in attendance), good press (thanks Bruce and ch 12), good press (Paul does a good job of covering WSU sports).

The ladies on the court have a chance to provide us a treat - win out and host a regional. We certainly enjoyed the gift from the baseball program last year.
                        GO SHOX!

Comment

Any chance that the match might be re-run on Ch. 22?

I was at the game, but I'd watch it again at home if I could.

Comment

Working...
                          X