No announcement yet.

AVCA poll - 11/5/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely missed RK having them at 19. My scanning skills must be waning.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      I completely missed RK having them at 19. My scanning skills must be waning.
      If that's the only skill wanning, you're doing pretty good I'd say.

Comment

Oh, I have more skills waning, they just aren't part of this discussion.

At my volleyball game last night, I could tell my "ups" are waning, too!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Oh, I have more skills waning, they just aren't part of this discussion.

At my volleyball game last night, I could tell my "ups" are waning, too!
          Wow!! You still have "ups"? :good: :good: :good: :lol:
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I do if a 12-inch vertical counts!

Comment

A copy of a post from VT (volleytalk):
              Oklahoma was upset tonight in Lawrence 3-2. Bad loss for Oklahoma as far as potential seedings in the NCAA Tourney. Chester (OU's Setter) was out due to a sprained ankle suffered in the Texas match. OU's offense still managed to hit above their season average but still lost. With 5 matches to play in the Big 12 including matches against Missouri (who they lost to in Columbia) and at Iowa State, it looks to be a tough road ahead for the Sooners. Anybody know how long Chester is out for? http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...ead=1194157207

Oklahoma is #23 in the AVCA poll, one ahead of WSU. If WSU can keep winning, we should jump one (or more) spots up in the poll.

ADDED: Never mind. This came up on volleytalk and I didn't look at the date. My bad. Hopefully OU will lose its next match so my post doesn't look so silly. :roll:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                A copy of a post from VT (volleytalk):
                Oklahoma was upset tonight in Lawrence 3-2. Bad loss for Oklahoma as far as potential seedings in the NCAA Tourney. Chester (OU's Setter) was out due to a sprained ankle suffered in the Texas match. OU's offense still managed to hit above their season average but still lost. With 5 matches to play in the Big 12 including matches against Missouri (who they lost to in Columbia) and at Iowa State, it looks to be a tough road ahead for the Sooners. Anybody know how long Chester is out for? http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...ead=1194157207

Oklahoma is #23 in the AVCA poll, one ahead of WSU. If WSU can keep winning, we should jump one (or more) spots up in the poll.

ADDED: Never mind. This came up on volleytalk and I didn't look at the date. My bad. Hopefully OU will lose its next match so my post doesn't look so silly. :roll:
                OU continuing to lose would also open up a space in the top 25 for Santa Clara if they keep winning, which helps the Shocks. Sounds like Chester will be back for OU's next match, but they still have some potential loses in their schedule. They have to play NU in Lincoln (although a loss here won't hurt them much in the poll), ISU who are 8-6 in Big 12 play in Ames and at home against Missouri whom they lost to on the road.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

39 Wichita St.

Comment

13-1 away from home and 2 wins over Missouri State and we are still 11 places behind the Bears.

I have no complaints with the Bears as they are more than good but I think we might be a little bit closer to them.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Duke got swept this week and Louisville lost to Notre Dame today to give the Shocks a chance to move up a couple spots. If the Shocks can win out from here I see a good chance of ending up in Manhatten, Ks for a regional. If K-State faulters and does not host I'm hoping Colorado St. would get a regional for us to play in. I don't want to see us end up in Nebraska or Texas simply to fill out a bracket full of Midwest teams. It seems from what I recall in volleyball they tend to keep groups of teams closer to home, regardless of what their overall seed would be, then most any other sport.

Comment

Don't expect any favors from the NCAA when it comes to WSU volleyball.

Comment

Working...
                        X