Missouri State Prediction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Dregn, was closest to the announced RECORD attendance with a guess of 6,255 but had the Shockers winning in 3 (that was way off).

1972 Shocker (hey that's me) was second closest on attendance at 5,777 and right on the with the Shocks winning in 5 (never any doubt was there! :shock: )

shocks02 was also pretty close at 5,617 amd had the Shocks winning in 5.

What you say board, do we have a clear cut winner or not.

:yahoo:
    Dregn was closest in attendance, and although said they would win in 3, the key point is that he predicted a win. Give it to the kid.

Comment

Actually, maybe we should award it to WuDrWu for his reverse jinx ploy.

:D

Comment

I say '72 won his own contest. IMO (though it's not mine that matters), the criteria in order of significance should be . . .

1) Winner
        2) # of games
        3) Attendance as the tie-breaker

Comment

I am going to declare no clear winner here and award the tickets to whoever makes the best post about their experience at THE MATCH. We don't have a lot of time since the Creighton match is next Saturday and I will have to make arrangements to get the tiickets to the winner. I will consider posts made through Sunday. So Far, I have two frontrunners, that were posted on other threads:

Right now the two front runners are:

Posted by lemuel777

For the first time, I was able to bring most of my family tonight (7 people). EVERYONE had fun all the way past the end, pictures with WuShock. What was totally remarkable was I have taken my 7 year old son to a couple of Shocker BB games last year and he was ready to leave shortly after half time and became quite a nuisance.
          In contrast, tonight he literally was cheering every point and boooing a lost point. He clapped and cheered and yelled. He was into the match all the way to the end, AMAZING. He did not want to leave. My wife's first match and she loved it so much she willl be attending again. She was so into it that she was worn out by the third game. The game is so fast paced us oldies get tired just watching. And of course, my 18 year old son got really into it and enjoyed "watching" the ladies. Thank you Shockers for a great family time tonight, it was a specatular memory maker for us. Thanks.

Posted by ShockerFever

Hell ya we did. What a great atmosphere period. The noise at times rivaled that heard at most men's bb games. Complete awesomeness! It's too bad I waited til now to see my first game. I never knew how much skill and strategy are involved in volleyball. I have a greater appreciation for the sport now. Two great teams, one fantastic game, and a thrilling come-from-behind WSU WIN!

I hold you, 72, and many others in here personally responsible for single-handedly convincing me to give it a go. Thanks a lot!

Great win, girls! Now, finish it out!
          Any input from other Board members will be considered.

Comment

I loved both of those posts.

I wanted to add that for those of you that attended both last night's game and the KSU match early in the season, do you agree with me that actual attendance was not close at all?

There were FAR more people in attendance last night imo.

FAR MORE. There was no fuzzy wildcat math at work last evening. That was a dead solid 6k+ number and they were LOUD!!!!!!!

Pegging the TacoTico ShockerMeter at Habanero was enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              I loved both of those posts.

I wanted to add that for those of you that attended both last night's game and the KSU match early in the season, do you agree with me that actual attendance was not close at all?

There were FAR more people in attendance last night imo.

FAR MORE. There was no fuzzy wildcat math at work last evening. That was a dead solid 6k+ number and they were LOUD!!!!!!!

Pegging the TacoTico ShockerMeter at Habanero was enjoyable.
              Doc, I agree with you 100% on that point. My wife and I even had the same discussion after the game last night.

When I walked into the arena at around 6:30 my jaw dropped at how many fans were already in the seats.

Comment

Definately more people then at K-State. I predicted shockers in 3 cause I was really hoping for that. I'm ashamed to admit I had prior commitments that resulted in me leaving half way through the 4th set. I almost stayed, but the same thing happened as in the 4th set of the last Mo St match. I stopped listening because of where I had to be and they started playing better and winning.

Also my guess on attendence was a little educated so I don't deserve the tickets. Plus I go anyway, get them to some people who need to be convinced to be long time fans, :).

"When I walked into the arena at around 6:30 my jaw dropped at how many fans were already in the seats."

I showed up at 6 because when I showed up about 6:45 for the K-State game I didn't even get close to my normal seats. I wasn't happy about that and wasn't going to let it happen again.

Comment

By the way, I've never attended a volleyball game, would it be wrong for me to attend for the sole reason of seeing the short shorts?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    By the way, I've never attended a volleyball game, would it be wrong for me to attend for the sole reason of seeing the short shorts?
                    No.

Seeing #5 in person was a real treat. Man can she play. I came away very impressed with her game. And other things :evil:

Since PJ and Wendell spent a lot of time right in front of me I got to show them off to my neices. One seemed impressed the other wasn't.

Guy hangin' with those two knew all the words to Jump by Kris Kross. I was impressed by that. I forgot the majority of those words a LONG time ago.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Absoflippinlutely not!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

lemuel777, I have decided to award you the 2 Creighton tickets for your great post-match post about your family's night at the match.

I will be sending you a PM shortly. If you can not use the tickets please let me know and I will go to my #2 choice.

:clap:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          lemuel777, I have decided to award you the 2 Creighton tickets for your great post-match post about your family's night at the match.

I will be sending you a PM shortly. If you can not use the tickets please let me know and I will go to my #2 choice.

:clap:
                          Thanks 1972Shocker, that will be a great match for us to attend, totally looking forward to it.

Comment

No, that's a very good reason to attend. Any red-blooded man had to be impressed by Katelyn Panzau. Whoever came up with the design of volleyball uniforms had to have her in mind.

Comment

lemuel777, did you get the Creighton tix yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X