Illness Hits Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illness Hits Shocks

Lambo on Sports Daily this morning. 4 of our top 9 players are battling the flu. At first Lambo thought they might be dealing with some kids eating some bad chicken, but it has now spread to members who ate something different.

Trying to keep the sick kids isolated from the rest of the team and will keep them in a separate vehicle on the trip to Ames.

Doesn't sound to good for the Shocks.

:(

That's too bad. Hopefully we can recover quickly.

Illness and injury have not been kind to us this year.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Even if the sick kids recover to the point they can play, it will have a big impact on our ability to prepare for a top notch opponent.

Getting past St. Louis was going to be tough in the best of circumstances.

At this point, I am very deflated about our chances.

You can add me to the list.

Comment

I've always wondered why flu shots would not be required for all college athletic teams. I know they are young healthy kids but they also have a great deal of exposure given the travel around the country and contact with many fans (often including things like running by and slapping hands of lines of young children or circling an arena and slapping hands of fan after a victory). Seems like it would be a wise precaution.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Unfortunately, this news overwhelmed what was otherwise a very interesting interview by Lambo.

In assessing this year's team he said one of the big factors was that no one really developed into the team's Warrior.

He said in the previous 5 year's there was not doubt that Sarah Lungren or Kelly Broussard were the team's warriors. When he asked the team who the warriors were everyone said Sarah and Kelly, including Sarah and Kelly.

He said this year when he asked the question everyone had to think about it quite a bit a no one really said "I'm the Warrior". He said he wasn't sure this was something a Coach could mold. Basically, I interpreted what he was saying is that maybe this year's team, as a group, are just a little too nice.

Unfortunately, now we are too nice AND too sick.

Comment

It was interesting to hear his take on how our program has re-shaped the way other teams play in the MVC.

He has heard from others and noticed that other programs, UNI, MSU, have adopted his style of play in the last couple of years.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
                It certainly is. Of course, not unusual for great success to be imitated.

Comment

If we were on Obamacare none of this would be happening.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Banned.

I intend to go to Ames but I too am dealing with health issues....they wore me down while in KC....If I can I will be there, otherwise it's in spirit only.

But these ladies have already made me proud to be a supporter of the program, no matter what happens. It's all gravy from here on out as far as I am concerned.

Comment

I'm satisfied with making the tournament...flu or no flu. Especially after getting shunned a few years ago.

Comment

I'm probably never totally satisfied, but it has been a very good year.

All the team can do it this point is give it their best shot with whatever they have.

I'm in the same boat as Doc healthwise. Picked up something in KC.
                        I am unable to travel to Ames, but I will be pulling hard for the Shocks.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          Basically, I interpreted what he was saying is that maybe this year's team, as a group, are just a little too nice.

Unfortunately, now we are too nice AND too sick.
                          Yeah, I'm sure Kim's shot off the dome of the UNI player, the shot that bounced from her forehead into the stands, was being too nice. :lol:
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Kim was fine yesterday. I saw her at halftime of the game at Koch Arena, standing with a bunch of other people & being introduced for something (SASO?).
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Not quite

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
                              Actually, Cap, in that case they'd still be waiting for those shots even if they wanted them.

Comment

Working...
                              X