No announcement yet.

Lady Shocks in Ames - NCAA First/Second Rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another very fine season for the Lady Shocks ends in the 2nd round of the NCAA's.

Thank you Emily, Katie, Mel, Kim and Stephanie and good luck to all of you in your future endeavors. A great group of Seniors.

:clap:

Comment

• Probably not what they were looking for, but when you measure success, I believe you can begin and end with the ladies in this program.

Congratulations and thank you Shocks!

Comment

• Thanks team for another nice season! :wsu_posters:

Comment

• Solid season ladies.

Another Top 30 program at WSU.

:posterwsu:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If we could have pulled off the first set, you never know how the momentum might have turned. At the end of the day, though, even with it being a sweep, we made ISU earn it on their home floor.

Hats off to our girls for continuing to be undefeated in the first round of the NCAAs and for competing with a very good ISU team.

The good news is that Backes played very well in the NCAAs and maybe she can find the consistency to be the dominate player she is capable of being her senior year.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• You gave 'em hell, ladies. You showed 'em why you belong there. Congratulations!!

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

• Thanks to all the Shocker players. It's sad to say goodbye to Kim, Emily, Melissa, Katie & Stephanie.

Did some of the redshirting freshman players not make the trip?

I'm just curious. Would WSU have had a better season if Amanda Moore had returned for her senior season? We could not expect Lindsey's injury but I wonder if another senior OH/MB might have helped avoid losses to Pitt, MSU, CU, etc.

If Amanda Backes could take the courses "Get a volleyball clue" and "Volleyball IQ" in the spring semester and earn A's, she could have a great senior year. She has great athletic ability but she doesn't read the defense well enough and makes too many errors. Elizabeth Field is said (by the media) to be very athletic (http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...leyball-player.)
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• What if's are impossible to know. What was resulted in another outstanding season of Shocker Volleyball ending in the NCAA 2nd round again. Kudos to Lambo and his Ladies.

No doubt Amanda Backes has been inconsistent but her play in the NCAA's was a very big positive for the Shocks.

Amanda's attack line in the 2 NCAA matches in Ames was 21-9-46 = .261 plus she added 7 block assists against very high level competition.

We really need for Amanda to step it up and give us that kind of effort consistently next year as we will have some big shoes to fill.

Comment

• To be fair to Amanda, she had a great start to the season, but was slowed by injuries after the hot start. I don't know how long the injuries kept bothering her, but it did seem to slow her progress.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• The more I think about the Iowa State match, the more p..(unhappy)..d I become. ISU was easily beatable but we played a subpar match. Just like the 2005 MVC tourney, the 2007 MVC tourney, etc.

Next year, we'll probably play in the Austin or Lincoln subregional again. :-x
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                        The more I think about the Iowa State match, the more p..(unhappy)..d I become. ISU was easily beatable but we played a subpar match. Just like the 2005 MVC tourney, the 2007 MVC tourney, etc.

Next year, we'll probably be fortunate to play in the Austin or Lincoln subregional again. :-x

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                          Thanks to all the Shocker players. It's sad to say goodbye to Kim, Emily, Melissa, Katie & Stephanie.

Did some of the redshirting freshman players not make the trip?

I'm just curious. Would WSU have had a better season if Amanda Moore had returned for her senior season? We could not expect Lindsey's injury but I wonder if another senior OH/MB might have helped avoid losses to Pitt, MSU, CU, etc.

If Amanda Backes could take the courses "Get a volleyball clue" and "Volleyball IQ" in the spring semester and earn A's, she could have a great senior year. She has great athletic ability but she doesn't read the defense well enough and makes too many errors. Elizabeth Field is said (by the media) to be very athletic (http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...leyball-player.)
                          In all fairness to Amanda, she has shoulder problems that require surgery. This surgery could be career ending, however she is playing through the pain and putting the surgery off until her career is over. She is a tough girl, I think she deserves a little credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                            The more I think about the Iowa State match, the more p..(unhappy)..d I become. ISU was easily beatable but we played a subpar match. Just like the 2005 MVC tourney, the 2007 MVC tourney, etc.

Next year, we'll probably be fortunate to play in the Austin or Lincoln subregional again. :-x
                            I think we'll be fortunate, then. Lambo sounded like the Shocks missed a big opportunity in the press conference after the ISU match; he didn't sound happy. I guess I agree with his reaction to the match; I have no idea what he would say (in "coachspeak") now.

I do think the Shocks will return to the NCAA tourney in 2010 because the team still has loads of talent. Look at Kim Wadsworth, who came out of nowhere (in terms of PT) to be second team All-MVC in 2009. I don't think people realize the talent sitting on the Shocker bench, year in and year out.

Comment

Working...
                            X