HCC VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCC VB

What amazes me is that of 39 matches played this year, 23 were against teams that were ranked at the time. 18 of those are still ranked and another seven opponents are getting votes. Three are former or the current #1. That's just crazy.

Are we recruiting any of these players?

Comment

Probably not. If Lamb didn't recruit the Brazilian gal two years ago (Miriana Blum), he probably won't. Based on what he's accomplished so far, he doesn't need to.

Has Lamb brought in any jucos the past few years? Ever?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        Probably not. If Lamb didn't recruit the Brazilian gal two years ago (Miriana Blum), he probably won't. Based on what he's accomplished so far, he doesn't need to.

Has Lamb brought in any jucos the past few years? Ever?
        Not that I kinow of. In fact, Emily Stockman is the only non-freshman that I can remember coming into the program in the past 5 years. Although, I would not take that to the bank.

I think he likes to get them young, break them down and then build them up. And his seems to like to redshirt a lot of players. At least that is his reputation and MO so far.

However, I don't think you can ever say he will never recruit a Juco talent.

Perhaps he has (unsuccessfully) and we just aren't aware of it. It's not like basketball where a Rivals.com reports every move and bathroom break recruits make. We generally hear about a recruit when they either make a verbal commitment or actually sign their LOI.

It is very difficult to question much of what Lambo has done so far.

Comment

Togarz came in from Long Beach State I believe

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
            Togarz came in from Long Beach State I believe
            Your are correct, but she came in as a freshman with all four years of eligibility remaining. She had used up a redshirt year at Long Beach.

Comment

We have good JUCO volleyball in the area I wonder what his hang up is with JUCO players? It seems we should atleast be giving some a look?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                We have good JUCO volleyball in the area I wonder what his hang up is with JUCO players. It seems we should atleast be giving some a look.
                Dennis? Is that you?? Are you diversifying into the VB section now?

And before you have a chance to say it.......I like the VB uniforms exactly the way they are!!! :D :D :D

So don't even start on it.

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
                  We have good JUCO volleyball in the area I wonder what his hang up is with JUCO players. It seems we should atleast be giving some a look.

And before you have a chance to say it.......I like the VB uniforms exactly the way they are!!! :D :D :D

Now that is one of the top 10 posts of the year! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Comment

Funny guy huh? First I like the Vball Uni's and never said the later. Second I was simply posing a question on why we don't seem to recruit any JUCO's, not stating that Lamb doesn't know how to recruit.

So, next time try and add some intelligence to the board instead of acting like a jackass!

Comment

Geez, you really do sound like Dennis if I read that last response the right way.

Sorry, didn't mean anything personal here.

I was just seizing the moment.

We're all one big happy Shocker Nation. I think that there's even room for Dennis.....if he'll lighten up a little.

Comment

Geez, you really do sound like Dennis if I read that last response the right way.

Sorry, didn't mean anything personal here.

I was just seizing the moment.

We're all one big happy Shocker Nation. I think that there's even room for Dennis.....if he'll lighten up a little.
                        I have someth9ing for you to "seize" rigfht here!

Second, I hate Dennis and have to turn off the radio when he calls in. No room for Dennis, he needs to takes Turgs advice and follow another team. I think the Lindsborg Flying Swedes could use some fans.

Comment

I don't have too many problems with Dennis....it's only when he does that call-in thing......

Comment

Back to the question of why we don't recruit jucos.

Obviously, I can't really speak for Coach Lamb, but from what I have been able to gather over ther years it sounds like he prefers to recruit four-year players, break them down and build them up. He also will use redshirting these players quite liberally.

When he was recruiting Cori Meyers out of Bishop Carroll he basically told her that he needed to break her down and rework her game as she had some flaws in Lambo's view. Cori did not like to hear that, because she was a very highly touted City League VB player from one of the states better high school programs. She decided to attend UMKC instead. The next year she was at Wichita State submitting to Lambo's instruction and training, which she said was the best thing she ever did VB wise during a post-game interview her Senior year.

Whether or not Lambo would be open to a JUCO transfer if the right siituation presented itself I can not say.

Comment

HCC hosted the Region 6 volleyball tournament in November and Shannon Lamb was here watching several matches. I'm not sure who she was here recruiting.
                              GO SHOCKERS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X