No announcement yet.

MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hats off to the Panthers, they really handled us the last 2 games....I have to think we ran out of gas after last night's struggle.

Sure hope we aren't done.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
      Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      Word out of Omaha (Alleycat), is that Wichita State got in trouble for filming the UNI - Creighton matchup. Apparently that is a big No No.

??????????

After reading the comments on PantherNation, I have come to dislike UNI fans. I also doubt the honesty of their posts.
      Since when is game film against the rules?
      The poster in question isn't really known for stirring up trouble, though he could be passing on a rumor without verification. I don't know.

As far as the videotape issue itself, it may not be against NCAA rules, but it IS against what is set down in the MVC conference procedures for volleyball (and specifically the MVC VB tourney):
      4.3.8 - e. Videotape.
      (1) The tournament host shall provide videotape of all matches including the championship match.
      (2) Teams are permitted to videotape their own tournament matches, but may not videotape matches in which they are not participants.
      (3) The television broadcast videotape is not suitable for the NCAA videotape exchange program.
      Not saying WSU did any such videotaping (I was there, but wasn't paying attention to the vidcams, nor did I hear anything about it until I got back), I'm just clarifying that it is in the conference manual.

Comment

Well, I hope we didn't do anything against the rules, but if that's the rule (and I have no reason to think otherwise) then it's a stupid one and if I were Chris, I'd tell them exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Well, I hope we didn't do anything against the rules, but if that's the rule (and I have no reason to think otherwise) then it's a stupid one and if I were Chris, I'd tell them exactly that.
          Agreed. If all teams are supposed to be supplied video of all games, why would you make it against the rules to videotape games you aren't participating in?

Why shouldn't coaches get to set up their cameras where they want to to get the angles they want instead of the host doing it all, since every team would have the same opportunity to do so for every match?
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
          X