Shocks @ ISUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks @ ISUs

Redbirds up 1st. No live stats, no radio (as far as I could tell). Shocks sweep in pedestrian fashion.

Re: Shocks @ ISUs

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Redbirds up 1st. No live stats, no radio (as far as I could tell). Shocks sweep in pedestrian fashion.
    Shocks had to rally from a 14-20 deficit to pull out Set 1 by a 26-24 score.

Sets 2 and 3 were better at 25-20 and 25-18.

Shocks continue the trend of struggling somewhat in 1st sets, but also have been pretty good at overcoming this trend.

Lambo said he wanted to try and get Stephanie Tokarz more involved but she only played in the 1st set and had only one attack. Could be that she just can't make a go of it due to her foot pain. You have to feel badly for Stephanie.

This should be the tougher of the two matches this weekend.

Comment

If ILS can knock of MSU tomorrow night they will secure the #6 seed in the MVC Tournament. If not, SIU gets in a 3-way tiebreaker (I think).
      Of course, the big benefit to the Shocks is, assuming they take care of INS, they would move into the #2 seed.

ILS should be highly motivated.

Go Redbirds!

Comment

Shocks down a set to ISU Blue
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
          Shocks down a set to ISU Blue

Poor 1st set play continues, followed by 3 sharp sets for a 3-1 win.

21-25, 25-12, 25-18, 25-14.

MSU and ISU tied at 1 playing the 3rd. Bears win, Shocks are the 3 seed, Birds win Shocks are the 2.

Comment

Bears win in 4 tough sets. Shocks will need to win 3 in Omaha.

Comment

MSU wins 3 - 1

Comment

Working...
              X