Shocks vs Drake & Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Drake & Creighton

Every match from here on out is important. The Drake and Creighton matches this weekend, while lacking the cache of MSU or UNI, these are the 2 teams just behind the Shocks in the MVC standings.

Drake is 7-4, having won 7 consecutive matches since losing to the Shocks on October 3rd in Des Moines, is only a half-game behind the Shocks. They took that Shocks to 5 sets last year in Wichita and they will not be an easy out.

The Shocks would like to pay Creighton back for the loss the BlueJays hung on the Shocks in Omaha which may prove to be the one that we may regret more than any this year and, in any case, its Creighton.

Yes it is Halloween, but hopefully, that won't keep the crowd down too much. Seems like the AD office may have missed a good promotional opportunity here. We could have had a "Night of the Living Shocks". Maybe make the concourse into a "Haunting in the Round" with Trick or Treat stations all around for the kids. Perhap they could have enlisted the students in this effort. Maybe not worth the effort, but might have been fun.

Anyway, :goshocks:

There is a small promo but I agree. Also, it seems like it might not have been that big a change to move the game time to say 5pm to allow the kids to go T or T later in the evening, but I'll still be there...without family this time.

I guess I'll just have to watch the game by myself.....what a shame.

Comment

v Drake:

25-9, 25-21, 25-12.

We totally dominated every aspect of the game in the first set.

Drake got off to a good start in the second set, improving their serve-receive and getting four(?) blocks. But then we went on a run of six points with Kim Wadsworth at the line and eased home.

The third set was much like the first set, with Drake not playing quite as badly. Dana and Jada even subbed on the front row at the end of the set.

Emily was Emily. Katie was awesome! She had eleven kills in eighteen swings with no errors. Sarah started slowly, but then Chris made some adjustments (so said on the postgame show) and she was doing quite well at the end. He also stated that teams were starting to see enough of Kim on tape that she was not quite the force she has been in recent matches. Stephanie and not Amanda was part of the rotation in the third set. The littles played well, especially Waldo.

Comment

Waldo & Jackie played well. Emily was Emily.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The machine is running very well right now. Birds are next in the cross hairs.
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

This team has the potential to win the MVC tourney and a couple matches in the NCAA tourney. I'd love to win the entire NCAA tourney but, considering the quality of the top teams, this is essentially impossible.

My guess at the Final Four: Penn State (repeats in 2009), Washington, Stanford, Texas.

I talked to a couple players after the Drake match. These are smart ladies with their heads screwed on right. They represent WSU extremely well.

Oh ... Yeah :goshocks: :clap: :yahoo: :posterwu: :thewave: :band: :cowbell: :good: :D
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Payback starts in about 50 minutes.

Comment

Mission accomplished with 2 solid wins this weekend.

A little bit up and down against Creighton tonight, but when the Shocks were up they were very good.

One thing that was pretty consistent throughout was the Shocks blocking. One of their best, if not the best, blocking effort I have seen from the Shocks.

Amanda Backes also gave the Shocks a nice boost off of the bench.

And again Emily was Emily. Solid contributions from Big Mac and Katie also. Littles seemed to get better as the match progressed.

:goshocks:

Comment

It was a nice match. Jackie had our only service ace and played well.

Comment

Creighton took the first set 25-23 before Wichita State controls the final three sets, helping the Shockers to avenge a loss in Omaha earlier in the month.

Comment

BTW, how about the job the young lady did on the National Anthem!
                      :clap: :good: :clap:

Also, the crowd was held down by Halloween as the normal youthful contingent of Shocker fans were not in the house for the most part, although the small group of little ones in the Halloween costume contest were about as cute as it gets with Lil' Wu and Lil' Bo stealing the show.

:D

Comment

Lowlights for me this evening:

Terrible crowd turnout. Not totally unexpected with Halloween (there were almost NO young'ns in attendance) but still.....

Student section for remarks/cheer directed at Sarah Schulze (if I heard it correctly). Razzin' P'Allen is one thing guys......

Highlights for me this evening:

Lots of smiles from our ladies. They seemed to have fun tonight.

The many missles fired from our front line.

Creighton libero Nayka Benitez.....for many, many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          I'd love to find out who that was....it was beautiful to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            I'd love to find out who that was....it was beautiful to say the least.
                            They need to make sure they get her back for a performance of the Anthem at one of the Men's Basketball games.

Comment

They need to make sure they get her back for a performance of the Anthem at one of the Men's Basketball games.

The girl that sung the anthem or Nayka Benitez?

Comment

Working...
                              X