MSU@WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU@WSU

It was a nice match. WSU won 25-14, 25-15, 25-20.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Nice indeed! Very nice, indeed! In fact, with the exception of the middle part of Set 3 I thought the Shocks were pretty dominating.

The Big Cats ate well tonight as Emily and Big Mac were outstanding.

Nice contributions from Kim and Hoop looked good tonight for the most part.

Shocks also dug and passed the ball well as a team.

All-in-all the Shocks best performance in some time.

Nice turnout by an enthusiastic group of Shocker fans tonight also.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Well played match by the Shocks. They took good swings all night and dominated play (as they should against inferior competition) from beginning to end.

Sarah McGee was simply outstanding. Can't wait to see her stats. Kim played well and crushed the ball time and time again.

It's hard to watch the young ladies play like that and convince yourself they actually have 3 losses in conference.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Nice turnout by an enthusiastic group of Shocker fans tonight also.
        3608, the largest crowd of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Sarah McGee was simply outstanding. Can't wait to see her stats. Kim played well and crushed the ball time and time again.

Comment

BTW, the answer to a question I asked earlier in the week on another thread regarding Pablo rankings:

26 UNI
            41 Shocks
            50 Missouri State.

These are pre-match, of course, and are taken from the Results page of RichKern.com.

Comment

This was the best that they have looked this year to date. As I told my brother the rest of the league is mad because UNI has awoke a sleeping GIANT.
              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

I thought that we may have had our best digging and passing game of the season. Lots of credit to our littles tonight. I thought that both Church and Waldorf were more consistently good than we have seen them all year.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

i agree with hatter, my wife and I both thought it was the best we have seen church and waldorf so far this year. We also thought this was the best play the shocks have shown this year. as an earlier caller said Dominating best describes it. i remember a post earlier from Dr Wu who said the team needed to relax and have fun again. to us we thought they seemed very relaxed and even in the third set when the bears cut it to a 2 pt lead i did not notice anything but a relaxed determination.

Comment

All good plays start with a good pass. Our littles were BIG last night. MEH had many good options with our hitters pounding the ball. Also key was getting a hand on MSU's attacks that let our littles keep a ball in play. This type of play was earn us the NCAA tournamnet and a couple of wins in the dance. This lineup is so athlethic good things happen!
                    GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                      All good plays start with a good pass. Our littles were BIG last night. MEH had many good options with our hitters pounding the ball. Also key was getting a hand on MSU's attacks that let our littles keep a ball in play. This type of play was earn us the NCAA tournamnet and a couple of wins in the dance. This lineup is so athlethic good things happen!
                      I agree that our Littles wher BIG last night. Also one of our BIGs (Emily) was little as she led the Shocks with 18 digs to go a long with her match high 16 kills.

No doubt MEH looked better because she had much better passing to work with than has generally been the case so far this year.

Nevertheless, I think we can be even better, especially if Amanda and Katie can up their attacking productivity.

Two more important matches next weekend with Drake and Creighton on the menu. Drake is only a game behind the Shocks in the MVC Standings and Creighton is due for some payback.

:goshocks:

Comment

I thought Sarah Waldorf looked a little better than Jackie Church but both were good; Mel and Emily are our backrow leaders, of course. Jackie and Katie had our only service aces.

Kim looks better to me than does Amanda; her fundamentals look better and she seems smarter. Just my opinion.

Sarah McGee is amazing. (We're going to really miss Emily Stockman next year.) Katie is great. I wish Stephanie didn't have injury issues; she is a wonderful person and a good player.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                        X