AVCA Poll - 19 Oct 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA Poll - 19 Oct 2009

Not too surprisingly, the Shocks are no longer receiving votes.

UNI moved from #31 to #29 (18 to 45 points), while Missouri State moved from #34 to #38 (14 to 7 points), the last team receiving votes on more than one ballot.

We moved from #36 and 13 points to "off the board."

Someone with a paid subscription to RichKern will have to fill us in on the Pablo Rankings changes.

Getting Missouri State and UNI at home in the second half of the schedule begins this Friday.

Friday's match should be exciting. I think payback will be fun and encourage everyone to attend.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Mel sheds some light on the illness issues refered to by Kennedy and Lambo last week in her weekly Shock Talk report:

Oct. 21, 2009

With all the gloomy tales of Swine Flu, you'd think the Shockers would be prepared for a simple onslaught of the cold. You were wrong. Last week it all started with a cough here and a sneeze there. Before long we were traveling to UNI. Thankfully, Lambo’s kind soul decided to buy us hand sanitizer and Airborne. By the end of the weekend almost everyone on our team was sick.

Despite the colds, we played one of the most competitive games of the year, so far, against UNI. The match, although we lost, gave us hope for the future of this team. We know we have “the fight” in us and we want to win the rest of our games this season
      The Shocks did indeed show some fight and character in the battle with UNI. Let's hope the cold and flu are behind us for the rest of the season and the team can finish with flurry.

We'll find out soon enough with an important match vs MSU on Friday.

Like Spangler said let's do what fans can do and get out to the Arena and support the Shocks.

:posterwu:

Comment

Is it OK if I officially decide to hate computer programmers? The "computer science" types who don't know their %#*'s from a "hole in the ground"? (I'm not sure what "%#*" even means.) As Fortran has moved more and more "toward" C, it has gained a "computer science overhead" which just bugs me.

Free the "EQUIVALENCE" statement (& "RETURN" it to Fortran.) "IMPLICIT NONE" is for programmers who can't spell and don't check their work!! Modern "computer science majors" probably have never handled a breadboard (e.g. "Printed Circuit Breadboard" (Patent 3,496,419)) and couldn't isolate an electron if their job depended on it. ;-)

Got-Yeah!! You thought I forgot about volleyball. This volleyball season is about winning the MVC tourney and winning at least two matches in the NCAA tourney. If the team does this, it deserved its preseason ranking; otherwise WSU was an overranked "mid-major" in 2009 who will have a tough time getting at-large bids in 2010 and the future. As fans, we can help by coming to the home matches and cheering for the players and the team. Be there or be a bandwagon fan.

PS I think Royal might enjoy (or not enjoy) my rant at the top. :D
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Remember this story? http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive..._were_two.aspx

Comment

I've never seen a line of FORTRAN code. But Lisp and PROLOG, however . . . OH YEAH!!! (not). :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              I've never seen a line of FORTRAN code. But Lisp and PROLOG, however . . . OH YEAH!!! (not). :)
              Meet me tomorrow and I'll show you some FORTRAN. :D

Comment

No votes in the November 9, 2009 poll. We swept Oklahoma and yet one sees
                Others Receiving Votes and appearing on two or more ballots: Oklahoma 51.

Comment

Working...
                X