No announcement yet.

Shocks at UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks could not put the over-pass away. Big opportunity missed.

UNI 13 - 12

Comment

Pins & needles. Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Shocks fight off two match points to tie it at 14 - 14.

:goshocks:

Comment

Shocks passing not real sharp.

Comment

UNI 18 - Shocks 16.

Great effort by the Shocks as it was by UNI.

Comment

Well, it appears the heart is there even if the health and other factors aren't.

But, alas, at Loft 150 enjoying a beer with wife and friwnds.

Thanks again for updates '72

Comment

UNI deserved it with their hustle. How many balls did they track down and end up getting points on that looked like sure WSU points?
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Stunning and heartbreaking loss. I hope the girls can recover...I am not sure about myself. I am crushed after watching that match.

Comment

That was a heart-breaking and gut-wrenching loss. But it also was one of the best women's VB matches I have ever seen, especially in terms of hustle and determination not to lose by both teams.

UNI had been Queen of the MVC VB for a long time before the Shocks ascendancy and I am sure they want to reclaim that distinction badly. Last night results may have come down to UNI being just a little bit more determined than than the Shocks plus they had a good home crowd urging them on. UNI was impressive last night. The Shocks showed tremendous character also -- probably the best of the year in that category.

I don't really know the extent of all of our injury problems, but clearly it is having some impact on our play. We know for sure Stephanie has been slowed greatly by her foot issues and, unfortunatley, the hole left by losing Lindsey still remains at least partially open.

Lambo was pretty deflated in the post-game show, but as he says, all we can do is to keep plugging away and do our best.

Shocks will be OK. This is a great group of young ladies and I think they will respond to the best of their abilities. I'm sure Lambo and the team will give it their all. As fans, all we can do is hang in there and continue to support them to the best of our ability.

Comment

What a great match! To bad the TV signal couldn't show up.this will not happen again. We get UNI on senior night in CKA, bring your brooms.
                      GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                        What a great match! To bad the TV signal couldn't show up.this will not happen again. We get UNI on senior night in CKA, bring your brooms.
                        Huh?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                          Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                          Huh?
                          I take it to mean we're going to sweep them 3 sets to none.

Comment

Uh oh. No report from Spangler.

Did this loss finally sink him?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              Uh oh. No report from Spangler.

Did this loss finally sink him?
                              No. Work has taken up a huge amount of my time lately. The Shocks are in the position of MSU last year, needing to win the MVC tourney to go to the dance. If these losses are making the team tougher and smarter, then who knows how the NCAA tourney will turn out.
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

UNI defeated MSU 3-1 tonight to complete the 1st half of the season undefeated in MVC play.

Shocks really need a win over MSU next Friday at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X