AVCA Poll 10/12/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA Poll 10/12/09

By all of your silence I assume your not happy. I just know I wouldn't want to play the SHOX in the MVC or NCAA Tournaments. I hope we have a chip on our shoulders about the slam the Valley teams and the AVCA pollsters are giving the SHOX. UNI had better be on thier game.

1 Penn State
    2 Texas
    3 Hawai'i
    4 Washington
    5 Stanford
    6 Minnesota
    7 Nebraska
    8 Kentucky
    9 Florida
    10 Illinois
    11 Michigan
    12 UCLA
    13 Iowa State
    14 California
    15 Oregon
    16 Southern California
    17 Florida State
    18 Arizona
    19 Baylor
    20 Saint Louis
    21 UC Irvine
    22 Texas A&M
    23 San Diego
    24 LSU
    25 Long Beach State

Others Receiving Votes and appearing on two or more ballots: Michigan State 84; Washington State 33; Colorado State 31; Notre Dame 29; St. Mary's (Ca.) 27; Northern Iowa 18; Dayton 16; Pepperdine 16; Missouri State 14; Oregon State 14; Wichita State 13; UC Santa Barbara 12; Wisconsin 12; Duke 9; Florida International 9; Tennessee 9
    GO SHOX!

Shocks still have the best RPI among MVC schools at #32.

UNI is at #41 and MSU is at #43

Pretty solid showing for the MVC.

Shocks still in control of their own destiny, but I would love to see them eliminate all-doubt and win out through the MVC Tournment, although that is probably not necessary to get into the dance this year.

Barring a major collapse by UNI, MSU and the Shocks, I think all 3 of these teams have a good shot at NCAA Tourney play at this point.

:goshocks:

Comment

Re: AVCA Poll 10/12/09

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
      By all of your silence I assume your not happy. I just know I wouldn't want to play the SHOX in the MVC or NCAA Tournaments. I hope we have a chip on our shoulders about the slam the Valley teams and the AVCA pollsters are giving the SHOX. UNI had better be on thier game.
      I think it's hardly a slam. For example, Washington State is now 14-3 including a win over a top 25 opponent (Arizona) and one tight loss (just check the scores and stat sheet) at the hands of #5 Stanford. A team like Michigan State (14-4 with two wins over ranked opponents) is also out of the top 25. There are teams with very good credentials that aren't in the top 25.

A team like Wichita State has very little room for mistakes. They frankly would have had to win out the MVC for any chance to stay in the rankings. Losing to an unranked (or lower ranked) opponent always drops teams down in the rankings. All they can do right now is take care of business and get into the NCAA Tournament. If they make waves in the NCAA Tournament then the poll voters are bound to take notice.

Comment

Working...
      X