X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Drake

:goshocks:

Shocks lead 2 sets to 0 25-16 and 25-16
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Two solid sets to start the match for the Shocks. 25-16 and 25-16.

Seem to be playing better. Emily Stockman back to her usual level of play.

Overall sound like a solid performance so far.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Shocks rally from a 18-22 deficit with a 7-1 run to pull out Set 3 and close out a sweep of Drake to hopefully get back on track.

Way to respond Ladies. :good:

:goshocks: :clap:

Comment

There is still a lot of work to do but this is a good sign.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            There is still a lot of work to do but this is a good sign.
            I agree.

Lambo seemed pleased that it was one of the cleaner matches the Shocks have played this year (which he said was one of his top 4 priorities).

He also indicated that they backed off on the aggressive serving somewhat to try to reduce the number of service errors. Excluding the Grambling State and Harvard matches the Shocks had been averaging 1.28 aces to 2.84 errors per set. So the 1.0 to 1.33 ratio at Drake was decent considering they were serving softer than they have been. Drake's .164 attack % was a little above average for the Shocks whose opponents (excluding Grambling & Harvard) have averaged .144 this season, but it is more than OK compared to the Shockers .319 attack.

Shocks only had 10 errors in 119 attacks (8.4%) compared to an average of 13.2% in their previous matches (excluding Grambling & Harvard).

6 of the 10 attack errors were by Amanda Backes on 28 swings. The rest of the team was and outstanding 38-4-91 for a very good .374 hitting % with Sarah Mac leading the attack with 0.833 hitting % to set a a new WSU single match record.

Great balance with 4 players, Katie (11), Emily (11), Sarah (10) and Amanda (10) with double figure kills. Also 3 players, Mel (21), Emily (14) and Jackie (10) with double figure digs.

Sarah Mac with a great line. In addition to her 10-0-12 attack line she had 2 block solos and 2 block assists and 1 set assist.

Looks like Hoop had one of her better setting performances.

One area needing improvement is Hoop's attack percentage. She is way down in her attack % this year and this weekend was 2-5-24 for a -.125. She and Lambo may want to rethink her attack strategy, although I don't know how much of this is do to Hoop's stategy and execution and how much might be due to the quality of passes she is getting.

I noticed Lambo shortened his bench a little bit as Emily Adney and Stephanie Tokarz did not play. Whether this was by design or due to other reasons I do not know. Kennedy mentioned some injury issues that were keeping some players from practicing much which was affecting the timing. I wonder if Stephanie's feet/legs may be bothering her again. In Emily Adney's case, she can be spectacular at times but she also makes her fair share of errors (17% attack error rate) and it sounds like Lambo was wanting to play as clean as possible.

Let's hope this is the beginning of a strong run that will build through the end of the season.

Comment

Outstanding analysis.

Hoop's dumps worry me a bit because they seem to be her standard "out" and other teams are learning this (and blocking her attempts). Our passing from service reception may be worse than last year; we might need another "Kelly."
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
              X