Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
    We just have to disagree here. Just because Emily didn't have a bad night on the stat line doesn't mean Stokes' tactic didn't work; who won the match? Putting pressure on Emily makes Sarah's play much more important and puts pressure on her. Her line wasn't terrible.
    21 McGee, Sarah........ 5| 10 3 41 .171| 0| 0 1| 0| 2| 0 3 0| 0| 11.5
    Did you notice that WSU scored 79 points and MSU only scored 77 points? I guess we won. Right? The stats don't tell the whole story.
    I don't understand your point. TMH said it was execution not strategy. A middle hitting .171 against solo blocks IS poor execution either by Sarah's hitting or MEH setting, period. That setup should be closer to .400+, easy.

I think you just proved TMH is right, even though he didn't need it.
    Just to add a comment, Sarah and Stephanie hit better than Amanda. Why is the criticism on the MBs when Amanda may have had no blockers on her (if two are on Emily and one on the MB)?
    15 Backes, Amanda...... 5| 7 4 23 .130| 0| 0 1| 0| 1| 1 4 0| 0| 10.0
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I'm busy as well.....

I believe your stance is one taken by monday morning quarterbacks all over the world.

They (too) often times are convinced someone on the bench is capable of performing at the level of the starters. Recruits are often better, almost always they have more upside, than current players.

Bench players are on the bench for a reason. You don't see Kobe heading to the bench when he is 2-18 do you?

It WAS execution, not tactics.

Comment

What do I know. Lamb is the coach, he is very successful, I trust his decisions and leadership of this team.

We have and will dominate Missouri State. We have better players in every single position. Our weakness is post-season MVC tournament. It always seams like we wear down our players by the end of the year. Look at the mins played and 9 or 10 play most of the time and by the end of the season they are worn down. We just don't sub much even when we are pounding someone into the court. Our 9 or 10 horses are tired come tournamnet time.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          I'm busy as well.....

I believe your stance is one taken by monday morning quarterbacks all over the world.

They (too) often times are convinced someone on the bench is capable of performing at the level of the starters. Recruits are often better, almost always they have more upside, than current players.

Bench players are on the bench for a reason. You don't see Kobe heading to the bench when he is 2-18 do you?

It WAS execution, not tactics.
          Kim stepped in and did pretty well. She is a "bench player."

People on this board are far too sensitive and take offense easily; it is getting annoying. Do you ever ask yourself "Why did WSU lose the 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 MVC tourneys?" I'm not trying to "diss" Chris Lamb; I like and respect him. I am just trying to figure out why WSU (ever) loses. :D

Chris uses statistics a lot in determining lineups for matches. I sometimes wonder if other coaches try to use this against him. Chris loves "math" but he may only be using "arithmetic" (i.e. stats) when he could be using "calculus."
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
          X