No announcement yet.

Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone lend insight to the mental problems that trouble the Illinois State head coach?

Comment

Is it just me, or do others think that Emily has to be about the most unlucky person when it comes to service ace numbers? I had no doubt in my mind after the opening weekend tournament at home that she'd be at the top of the valley in ace numbers. There is so much movement on her serve and the ball will just drop out of nowhere. Instead it seems that more good passes are made off her serves then most of our other solid servers. Hopefully at some point in time those fall in for aces.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Originally posted by WstateU
        Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        I see that we only drew 1,754 for a quality opponent. I thought that was pretty good for a Friday night vs Indiana State, but I have to say that is a little dissappointing for an important Saturday nigth match against a team that whooped us at home last year in a very key match.

:shock:

Possible reasons for lack of attendance... football, football, football and more football. Oh, and a big baseball game with WSU connections.
        Good points, but if you are a true Shocker fan I consider those excuses not reasons, besides that what DVR's are for.

:goshocks:
        :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
        Come to the VB matches. They are call matches because they can set you on fire (with enthusiasm for Shocker volleyball). :D
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Can anyone lend insight to the mental problems that trouble the Illinois State head coach?
          My favorite was the one in the 2nd set where #7 hustled to get a ball that was pretty obviously going to drop in front of the Ill St bench. Her footwork was a little awkward and her dive after the ball didn't look good, but there was no doubt in my eyes she was hustling after the ball. The coach just started ripping into her about not making a good attempt and continued almost right up to when the next point started. #7 just went to the front row and was laughing with one of the other players.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            ISU used to be a good VB program. She may be feeling heat from fans and the AD for the last few years' results. Just a guess.

"Dingman has had some nice wins over the year, but her teams have trouble winning several in a row over other top conference teams."

"Let's hope the team doesn't have a meltdown and can put this behind them before the start of this one."

"I was at the Florida game and the OhioState game...and it seemed to me when the Redbirds needed some coaching in a huddle...they were usually on court and NOT in a huddle."

We help you acquire the perfect domain for your site. Affordable payment options. Quick and responsive customer support available.
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The woman is a borderline lunatic. Early in the match she decided to yell at Lambo....for what I have no idea and neither did Chris.

I too saw the Redbird players laughing at times at the antics and rantings of their coach. I really felt for those kids........They have plenty of talent but it would seem to me that the focus is a bit muddled at this point. That makes for a very dangerous combination and I am glad we are done with them for the regular season and hope we don't catch them in the tourney.

2 weeks to Showdown Friday.....Get your tickets folks....this one is NOT to be missed.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Look at http://www.redbirdfan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7770 for a few ISU fans' opinions of Dingman.

Comment

Working...
                X