Shocks Sweep Sycamores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks Sweep Sycamores

As expected the Shocks made quick work of the cellar-dwelling Indiana State Sycamores with a 30-12, 30-24 and 30-15 sweep.

The Shocks looked very crisp in Game 1 and then began substituting pretty liberally in Games 2 and 3.

17 Shocks saw action with 9 players recording 2 or more kills and 12 players contributing 1 or more digs.

Shocks outhit the Sycamores 0.290 to -.010. Shocks also served up 11 aces to only 2 for the Sycamores.

Emily Stockman with another double-double.

Stephanie Tokarz only played in Games 1 and 2 and was able to rest her aching feet a little.

Perhaps the only negative was that INS outblocked the Shocks 11 to 7.

My Player of the Game is Kim Wadsworth (out of Andover) not so much for her play on the court (which was pretty solid) but for her great post-game interview with Mike Kennedy. What a terrfic, positive and team-oriented attitude, not too mention being very articulate.

Hate to miss tomorrow nights match, but I'm confident my substitutes will do a fine job of cheering as part of a nice turn out to see the Shocks take on the Redbirds. 1,740 for tonights match not bad for a match with the MVC's last place team on a Friday night.

However, I am still waiting for the Students to show up.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

You'll probably be waiting a while. Although in their defense, I do believe its fall break at the University.

Comment

Thank for the update. I wasn't able to make the match, but I will be there for tomorrow night's match. What did Kim Wadsworth say specifically that impressed you?

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
        Thank for the update. I wasn't able to make the match, but I will be there for tomorrow night's match. What did Kim Wadsworth say specifically that impressed you?
        She said that a lot of the backups on the team realize they could probably start for half of the teams in the Valley. However, they take a great deal of pride in work as hard as they can in practice to make our first line players as good as they can be and they love being part of a winning program.

She said a lot of the backups concentrate on improving their back row skills so when their time does come they will be complete players and maybe a step ahead of the players coming in behind them down the road.

She was very articulate, upbeat and positive. Personally, I was very impressed with her poise and maturity.

Comment

I wanted to see some more of our setter for next year. #12 (can't remember her name) needs to get more court time in these type of games to get the much needed experience.

Other notes: Niggemeyer looked great, and Wadsworth really did play pretty well. Also Jakubov had some great blocks.

Comment

Nice match for the team. Abby was laughing after one dink/kill. Nice to see Amanda Moore, etc. get into a game. Lindsey & Katie were nails as subs, as usual. Stephanie & Emily were good and Sara was Sara. Overall a fun match. If only one game had been 30-0. :lol:
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

MSU swept the Redbirds tonight. I found this comment on the ISU board
              Lose 30-20, 30-24, and 30-24. Shows we can't capitalize on our big conference win over UNI. A loss to WSU like this CANNOT happen. This is a tough road trip, but you think they could have avoided the sweep. Dingman has had some nice wins over the year, but her teams have trouble winning several in a row over other top conference teams.
              We help you acquire the perfect domain for your site. Affordable payment options. Quick and responsive customer support available.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It's always nice when what is supposed to be an easy win turns out to actually be an easy win. Shockers did what they needed to do.
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Illinois State should be a tough game

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                    I wanted to see some more of our setter for next year. #12 (can't remember her name) needs to get more court time in these type of games to get the much needed experience.

Other notes: Niggemeyer looked great, and Wadsworth really did play pretty well. Also Jakubov had some great blocks.
                    Just for the record, if all goes well, the person who will be our setter for next year is not on the team right now. We have a setter from Texas coming in who Lamb describes as the most "expensive" recruit (i.e. most sought after by a lot of teams) that he has brought into WSU. She is supposed to play very similar to Panzau. She graduates a semester early and will be here to practice with the team in the spring and is expected to be our setter for next season.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

Just for the record, if all goes well, the person who will be our setter for next year is not on the team right now. We have a setter from Texas coming in who Lamb describes as the most "expensive" recruit (i.e. most sought after by a lot of teams) that he has brought into WSU. She is supposed to play very similar to Panzau. She graduates a semester early and will be here to practice with the team in the spring and is expected to be our setter for next season.
                      I have heard about the recruit, however I don't think we should count our chickens just yet. Recruits can change their mind or there could be injuries. I'd just like to see Kaitlynn get some more experience just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

I have heard about the recruit, however I don't think we should count our chickens just yet. Recruits can change their mind or there could be injuries. I'd just like to see Kaitlynn get some more experience just in case.
                        I have no reason to doubt that she is coming, and there is a decent chance that Granville would be our setter if for some reason she didn't pan out. I'm sure that Lamb would like to get more time for Kaitlynn, but as he pointed out yesterday, it is hard to get reps for players with volleyball substitutions working the way they do. In any case, she should be getting plenty of reps in practice, which is important for the timing between setters and hitters.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'd say its highly unlikely that she isn't coming to WSU. She'll be at the game tonight.

;-)

Comment

Our two recruits for next year are Mary Elizabeth Hooper (Tx) and Dana Loganbill (Ks).

Comment

Mary Elizabeth made the All Tourney team at the Junior Olympic Volleyball Championships this past summer at the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs.

She is one of the better players in Texas. Her team (if I remember correctly, Plano North) is not that strong.

BTW DDH.

Comment

Working...
                              X