#18 UC Irvine
    #19 Florida State
    #20 Wichita State
    #21 Arizona
    #22 St Louis
    #23 San Diego
    #24 Baylor
    #25 Pepperdine

Our team is and will be tough to beat. We have the talent to be top 15. When we pass the ball, we can set anyone, and put it down for the kill. Our blocking and hands on an attack are the best I've seen at WSU. Our littles can dig with anyone. We need to fix serve receive to remain in the top 20.
    GO SHOX!

A few years ago, it was "WS-Who?" and "Do they deserve to be ranked?" Now the Shocks are just accepted as a Top 25 team and as the best team in the MVC.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

In the first RichKern estimate of the RPI, called the RKPI, ranks WSU at #16. You can find this at http://www.richkern.com/vb/rankings/...&week=3-Sep+14.

Without giving away the show, I hope RK doesn't mind if I copy a few:
      #14 New Mexico 0.6705467 West Mountain West
      #15 Arizona 0.6658005 Pacific Pac-10
      #16 Wichita State 0.6652876 Central Missouri Valley
      #17 Virginia Tech 0.6573694 East Atlantic Coast
      #18 Hawaii 0.6521316 West Western Athletic

Of course, playing in the MVC may start to erode our ranking. :(
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

WSU is also #14 in the year's first Pablo rankings.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Louisville just beat #16 Kentucky, who were previously unbeaten, in 5 sets. The next two matches for Louisville are against Illinois and Purdue are both quality opponents. Hopefully they can pick up a win against at least one of those two and make our win over them look even better.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

OU just beat KSU (24-26, 26-24, 21-25, 15-25) at KSU.
            Pablo:
            WSU #14
            KU #34
            KSU #68 (tied with North Dakota State)
            :lol:

Comment

:good: Thanks for those match reports guys. :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                Pablo:
                WSU #14
                KU #34
                Is it OU (not KU) that has a Pablo of 34? Or are you just noting where KU is in the Pablo? And if so, where is OU? You understand that I am easily confused. :)

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                  Pablo:
                  WSU #14
                  KU #34
                  Is it OU (not KU) that has a Pablo of 34? Or are you just noting where KU is in the Pablo? And if so, where is OU? You understand that I am easily confused. :)
                  OU #63
                  KU was for fun.

#13 Nebraska 7100
                  #14 Wichita State 7095

Comment

Pablo:
                    WSU #14
                    KU #34
                    We are very young after losing 6 Seniors off last year's team. Susie will have them back to form by the end of the year. May break the NCAA streak this year though.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat
                      Pablo:
                      WSU #14
                      KU #34
                      We are very young after losing 6 Seniors off last year's team. Susie will have them back to form by the end of the year. May break the NCAA streak this year though.
                      Were looking at a somewhat similar situation next year. I was pleased with the way some of our younger players played against the Italian A2 team plus we have a whole cupboard full of redshirt freshman (9) for Lambo to work with, but it will definitely be a major new look for the Shocks next year, although one I am looking forward to.

Comment

What we'll be short on is experience and star power.

Sarah Lungren and Emily Stockman have been supreme competitors that we all have counted on and they have delivered at a level even more than the most optimistic fan could expect for 5 full seasons in a row.

Next year will not be short on talent. McGee, Hooper, Backus, Adney, Waldo, Church isn't the worst rotation I've ever seen.

Loganbill and Witham could be dynamite. Feekin is a stud. Fields COULD be All Valley in her first year. If Eckenrode returns to full health that would be a nice bonus.

We'll be down, but it's not a dead certainty it will be for very long. I wouldn't bet against this team, at least in our conference.

I'm not talking about a repeat, a three-peat or even a four-peat.

That's right, I'm talking about a minimum eight-peat.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

:D :yahoo: :D

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            What we'll be short on is experience and star power.

Sarah Lungren and Emily Stockman have been supreme competitors that we all have counted on and they have delivered at a level even more than the most optimistic fan could expect for 5 full seasons in a row.

Next year will not be short on talent. McGee, Hooper, Backus, Adney, Waldo, Church isn't the worst rotation I've ever seen.

Loganbill and Witham could be dynamite. Feekin is a stud. Fields COULD be All Valley in her first year. If Eckenrode returns to full health that would be a nice bonus.

We'll be down, but it's not a dead certainty it will be for very long. I wouldn't bet against this team, at least in our conference.

Sounds good to me. You never know who might step up and take over in the "star" role although that may not be critical. The experience level will be more of an issue, but MEH and Sarah Mac should provide good leadership. Lindsey is still a wild card at this point, but getting her back at or near pre-injury effectiveness would be a great help.

Backes and Adney are terrific athletes and are getting a nice amount of experience this year.

No doubt we won't be chopped liver. However, I am not expecting a Top 25 type of team at least at the beginning of the year. Losing Emily Stockman creates a pretty good size hole to fill, although I think we will get that done eventually.

Comment

Away L #7 UCLA Cal State Fullerton 23-25, 25-15, 20-25, 25-18, 14-16

Cal State Fullerton wins 16-14 in 5.Heard it was there first win over a ranked opponent in school history

Cal State Fullerton wins 16-14 in 5.Heard it was there first win over a ranked opponent in school history

Comment

Working...
                              X