X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA Poll -9/7/09

WSU is #23.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

1- PSU (52)
    2- Texas (7)
    3- Washington (1)
    4- Florida
    5- Nebraska
    6- Hawaii
    7- Michigan
    8- UCLA
    9- Minnesota
    10- Stanford
    11- Iowa State
    12- Oregon
    13- Cal
    14- Illinois
    15- USC
    16- St. Louis
    17- Kentucky
    18- MSU
    19- Pepperdine
    20- UC Irvine
    21- KSU
    22- FSU
    23- WSU
    24- San Diego
    25- Arizona

Others Receiving Votes and appearing on two or more ballots: Utah 75; LSU 63; Long Beach State 55; Baylor 43; Dayton 43; Texas A&M 31; UC Santa Barbara 28; Tennessee 24; Duke 23; Purdue 23; Notre Dame 18; Santa Clara 16; Rice 13; Ohio 12; Northern Iowa 10; Pittsburgh 8; Oklahoma 7; Washington State 6
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The following former or future WSU opponents received votes in the latest poll: Rice 13; Northern Iowa 10; Pittsburgh 8; Oklahoma 7.

Comment

Pitt had wins over Robert Morris and Buffalo this weekend and lost to #1 Penn State to go to 5-2 on the season.

I'm a little surprised to see OU still receiving votes but maybe there was some sympathy votes in there due to the football team's loss to BYU.

The 'ville did go 3-0 this past weekend at Ball State although I don't think the level of competition was that great.

Anyway I will be rooting for Pitt, Louisville, UNC and OU for the remainder of this year.

:goshocks: Go Panthers, Cardinals, TarHeels & Sooners.

Comment

At one of the chalk talk's this weekend Lambo said that most, if not all, of UNI's squad stayed in Cedar Falls for the summer and trained together while going to summer school and he said that they were playing well this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            Pitt had wins over Robert Morris and Buffalo this weekend and lost to #1 Penn State to go to 5-2 on the season.

I'm a little surprised to see OU still receiving votes but maybe there was some sympathy votes in there due to the football team's loss to BYU.

The 'ville did go 3-0 this past weekend at Ball State although I don't think the level of competition was that great.

Anyway I will be rooting for Pitt, Louisville, UNC and OU for the remainder of this year.

:goshocks: Go Panthers, Cardinals, TarHeels & Sooners.
            Pittsburgh
            9/8/2009 Away L Duquesne 25-9, 16-25, 23-25, 25-20, 9-15

Belmont
            9/8/2009 Home L *Lipscomb 15-25, 21-25, 14-25

ADDED: Duquesne (7-1, 0-0 Atlantic 10) (2008 Pablo was 228)

Comment

#16 St. Louis lost twice on Saturday. They lost to #14 Illinois, not a bad loss, and they lost to unranked Cincinnati.

#19 Pepperdine also lost to unranked Army.

Perhaps an opening for the Shocks to move up a slot or two in this weeks rankings.

:goshocks:

Comment

K-State lost to Kentucky (ranked) and Purdue (receiving votes). Neither are bad losses, nor are their previous two losses, but we'll see if having 4 losses moves them down at all.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

OU is now 7-2 with its only losses to UNC & WSU in Wichita. :good:
                  USC is now 8-1 with its only loss to WSU at Rice. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                    OU is now 7-2 with its only losses to UNC & WSU in Wichita. :good:
                    USC is now 8-1 with its only loss to WSU at Rice. :good:
                    On the other side of the ledger Pitt is on a 5-match losing stresk with losses to Penn State, Duquesne, Baylor, Cal State-Fullerton and New Mexico.

Penn Sate is a good loss and Baylor is #29 in voting, but it would have been nice if the had picked up a couple of wins in the other 3 matches.

Also North Carolina went 1-2 this weekend with losses to Marshall and Colorado State and a win over Tennessee.

Comment

I was only looking for positive comments. :D

The Pitt loss is really hurting our poll standing; we would be Top 15 at a minimum without this loss.

For the September 14 poll, my guess is that we are #20 or #21 (with #21 more likely.) It is possible for other teams to jump ahead of us; in particular, Arizona, San Diego, Baylor or Dayton might jump past us. San Diego is 4-3 and this just isn't sexy. Arizona, Baylor and Dayton are all undefeated and this is sexy.

Here is last week's poll (starting at #20 UCI):
                      ranking - School - AVCA votes // record last week // overall record
                      20 UC Irvine - 308 // 3-1 // 9-1
                      21 Kansas State - 233 // 2-2 // 6-4
                      22 Florida State - 190 // 3-0 // 8-1
                      23 Wichita State - 175 // 3-0 // 9-1
                      24 San Diego - 114 // 3-0 // 4-3
                      25 Arizona - 89 // 2-0 // 8-0
                      Others receiving votes
                      26 Utah - 75 // 1-2 // 6-4
                      27 LSU - 63 // 2-1 // 6-3
                      28 Long Beach State - 55 // 2-1 // 5-3
                      29 Baylor - 43 // 4-0 // 11-0
                      30 Dayton - 43 // 3-0 // 9-0

Comment

Working...
                      X