2009 Volleyball Attendance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Volleyball Attendance Thread

After 3 matches the Shocks are averaging 2,904 in attendance and that is only because we counted the attendance at the OU match (3,134) as the attendance for Grambling State also. I was a little surprised by this since they sold separate tickets for the AM and PM sessions on Saturday. I guess this is kosher. I did not see an attendance figure reported at all for the Grambling State match.

Last year we averaged 3,177 so we have a lot of work to do if we are going to break that attendance record.

No doubt we will need some ticket promos to do that. I am assuming attendance at the Italian National Team exhibition match will not count.

First ticket promo is this coming Tuesday vs ORU. $1 tickets.

Shall we have another "Who can bring the most fans to the match" contest? I'll buy some tickets and give them away to people I know who tell me they will go?

WuDrWu, 1972, Mad, 1979, etc.? Want to join in? Marty? SBand? Royal? Everybody?
    :goshocks:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If you compare non-conference games this year to last year it appears we're in good shape.

Lamar - 2,432
      Coastal Carolina - 2,215
      Ohio State - 2,704

North Carolina - 2,445
      Oklahoma - 3,134

Comment

Shocks with a nice Tuesday night crowd of 3,018 for the ORU match with the help of $1 admission raises there 2009 attendance average to 2,933 as we work our way towards the 3 grand mark.

Comment

Me and the girly was able to attend.

Pretty decent crowd.

Way ta smack em ladies. :posterwsu:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This RK page http://www.richkern.com/vb/Attendanc...Att.asp?Div=DI is interesting.
            "Top Average Attendance (1000)" in D1 between 2002 and 2008:
            #28 2008 Wichita State 3096 (the correct figure is 3177)
            #39 2007 Wichita State 2562
            #64 2006 Wichita State 2082
            #72 2005 Wichita State 1998
            #211 2004 Wichita State 1081
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Couple of women basketball recruits in town this weekend. Hopefully, we have large and enthusiastic crowds at the Volleyball matches this weekend to brag about.

:goshocks:

Comment

Working...
              X