Shock Talk: Melissa Granville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wuzee
    As predicted, Maggie got the last word. (I hope)

To the victor go the spoils? ;-)

Something tells me we are not quite done here though.

Comment

"We were all extremely mad, upset and frustrated," middle Stephanie Tokarz said. "It seemed like everyone was trying really hard, but we just couldn't put the ball away."
      Sounds like the Lady Shocks may have been propertly p-oed with the loss to Pitt, although I still say give Pitt some credit.

Nevertheless, as disappointing as the loss to Pitt was, I was pleased with the way the Ladies responded the next day against Louisville. Let's hope that carries over to the rest of the season.

:goshocks:

Comment

Mel's new words:

Sept. 10, 2009

If ever you have come to a Wichita State Volleyball game you may have noticed we draw a rather large crowd. In fact, we have been top 10 in attendance the past couple of years. Our crowd is one of the things WSU is well known for. Despite how happy we are about our large and intense crowd, we are a little bummed that we don’t have a legit “student section” that paints up and heckles (nicely of course).

Now, I’m sure we have plenty of students at our games but they may not be sitting together like basketball games.
        So this is my shout out to ALL students . . . come to our games, sit together, paint up and heckle your heads off! Make it happen! GO SHOX!
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

So this is my shout out to ALL students . . . come to our games, sit together, paint up and heckle your heads off! Make it happen! GO SHOX!

Maybe we need Cold back? How about if Shocker ALUMS get painted up and yell their heads off??? Alums could show up the students. SN, what do you say?
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Bye bye. :lol:
            Well, well…I just noticed this. :shock: I am not. :)

Comment

Sept. 23, 2009

"WE ARE A FAMILY! GET UP EVERYBODY AND SING!" This last week was an interesting week for your Shockers. We are experimenting with some team building. Every day we are judged by our coaches on how we contribute to the team as a leader. According to our coaches there are 4 categories:

L- leader- one who supports their teammates yet demands more of them while physically contributing
              G- giver- one who supports their teammates and physically contributes
              C- complimentary- one who shows up to practice yet doesn't show leadership
              T-taker- one who takes away from the general feeling of practice

Based on the letter you receive, you are split into two groups. The Core- which consists of L's and G's and The Periphery-which consists of C's and T's. Before practice we meet within these groups. In The Core, we have multi-colored string that we pass to people we would like to talk to. For example, I could throw the string to Stephanie Tokarz and I would tell her one thing I like about her and one thing I think she needs to work on for the day. The Periphery does the same type of excercise, minus the string. The ultimate goal is to have everyone in the core.

This excercise helps our team move forward and get better every day. I think our ability to talk to each other about our problems is making us better physically.

In my opinion, this weekend was a reflection of our hard work both on and off the court. We played well against two good teams in the Valley. We are looking forward to a great week of practice and a SPECTACULAR win over Missouri State this Friday.

Sept. 14, 2009

During an interview a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned a few Shockers by the name of "Geeter" and "Walter". For those of you who thought I had imaginary friends, you are mistaken. I thought it would be a good idea to dispell this "rumor" by giving you some of the common nicknames we have for people on our team.

Lindsey Engel: Lindz/ Engel
              Emily Stockman: Em
              Elizabeth Field: Field
              Sarah Waldorf: Waldo/ Walter (Walt for short)
              Mary Elizabeth Hooper: Hooper
              Emily Adney: Adney
              Stephanie Tokarz: Tok
              Melissa Granville: Mel/ Melman
              Kim Wadsworth: Berly/ Gibbler
              Jackie Church: Yackie/ Church-lady
              Lindsey Eckenrode: Eckenroid/ T-Rex
              Katie Vogts: Vogts
              Jada Witham: Darth Jader
              Brianna Kaiser: Bri
              Amanda Backes: Backes
              Alysa Heath: Heath
              Katie Niggemeyer: KT/ Katie Grace
              Chelsey Feekin: Feek
              Haley Dotson: Haleybot
              Sam Sanders: Samuel L.
              Sarah McGee: Geeter/ McGee
              Dana Loganbill: Dana
              Ashley Andrade: Andrade

See you Tuesday Night against the Italian National team. Go Shox!

Comment

I like some of the nicknames and others could use some work. Of course, it is helpful to know the personalities of the players so any suggestions I would have would be very superficial.

I like:

Sarah Waldorf: Waldo/ Walter (Walt for short)
                Kim Wadsworth: Berly/ Gibbler (Although the origin for this is a mystery to me)
                Jackie Church: Yackie/ Church-lady
                Lindsey Eckenrode: Eckenroid/ T-Rex
                Jada Witham: Darth Jader
                Chelsey Feekin: Feek
                Sarah McGee: Geeter/ McGee

Some Food For Thought - my thoughts in parenthesis

Emily Stockman: Em (Super Em) or (Luke -- as in Skywalker)
                Mary Elizabeth Hooper: Hooper (Hoop)
                Emily Adney: Adney (Badney)
                Stephanie Tokarz: Tok (Olive -- my wife's nickname for Tok)
                Amanda Backes: Backes (Amen-da)
                Chelsey Feekin: Feek (Freak - in a good way)
                Sarah McGee: Geeter/ McGee (Big Mac)
                Ashley Andrade: Andrade (Android)

Good blog by Melman! :good:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Kim Wadsworth: Berly/ Gibbler (Although the origin for this is a mystery to me)

Emily Adney: Adney (Badney)

Stephanie Tokarz: Tok (Olive -- my wife's nickname for Tok)

Good blog by Melman! :good:
                  Kim works at the Zoo.
                  "Badney" sounds too close to "Bad Knee" for my comfort.
                  Stephanie Tokarz: "The Doc" (or just "Doc".)

Comment

For those of you who were not 10 yrs old in the early 90s.....

Gibbler refers to a character from the GREAT show Full House... Kimmie Gibbler.

Berly is just taking the end of kimBERLY.

Comment

[quote="SpanglerFan316"]
                      Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      "Badney" sounds too close to "Bad Knee" for my comfort.
                      Stephanie Tokarz: "The Doc" (or just "Doc".)
                      Good point on EA. How 'bout "Bad-Adney".

I assume that's because Stephanie is going into pre-med? Does that mean she may continue her education at KU? :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by shockersigep921

Now it makes sense.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Just to clarify that was the 1990's and not the 1890's, right? :D

Comment

Mel went as Lambo for Halloween:

Comment

Working...
                              X