AVCA Poll- 8/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA Poll- 8/31

Well, we barely hung in the poll at #25. Need to sweep thru next weekend if we want to stay in the poll.

I'm surprised K-State didn't move up going 0-2.

If they keep this up they could very well capture their first national championship in non-horsejumping by going winless.

http://fightmusic.com/ (with sound turned up a bit)

Comment

I don't disagree with the poll ranking. I wish Chris had decided to put ST on the right in the Pitt game. While she has problems with her feet, she is a fifh year senior with lots of volleyball smarts and needs to be playing. Sarah McGee has claimed (and earned) the middle and playing on the right may be less stressful on Stephanie's feet. Her height may be useful shutting down the other team's left-side OH. Finally MEH still isn't connecting well enough with ST as an MB and might find it easier to set her as an OH.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It's just a perfect example of what you have to schedule, no matter the costs.

St. Louis loses to Penn State (in 3 and 1 set was competitive), beats a terrible Alabama team and an average Miami team and moves up 1 spot.

We beat a Belmont team on par with Miami, Louisville on the road (FAR FAR better than Alabama) and lose to an inferior Pittsburgh team inexplicably and drop 7 spots.....probably even further next week even if we go 3-0 as voters will continue to punish us.

I'm not saying we should move up or even not have dropped further. I am just pointing out what we HAVE to do schedule wise. California hosed us this season. Don't let it happen again.

Comment

WuDrWu: I agree. We need to schedule better (or leave the MVC.)

We play North Carolina, Oklahoma and GSU. If we win these easily, we'll move up a little; OU got 19 votes in this poll and UNC took #20 Michigan State to 5 sets.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Did we lose any votes to Wright State?

Comment

Working...
            X