Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a facility like this make sense for WSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a facility like this make sense for WSU?

I would love to build something like this in the pit next to CKA. The article doesn't state how many it seats though :posterwsu:

Hasn't WSU had some games in the 4000 - 5000 range? Is so, a small gym like that would not be a good idea.

Comment

They need a building that will hold 10,500 or more.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

If the atmosphere was lacking at CKA I might be open to it. But even when we don't draw 4,000, the crowd is loud and electric.

IMO -- it ain't broke, so don't fix it.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Let's think big, I'd go for something more like this:

This is the portable floor the USA and the Netherlands played on at Koch Arena in July and it looked great. Unfortunately, I could not find a photo of the floor laid-out in Koch Arena but I really liked it. Now whether or not the cost would be prohibitive I don't know, but we probably need to get our average attendance up in the 7,500 area to pull off something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            Let's think big, I'd go for something more like this:

This is the potable floor the USA and the Netherlands played on at Koch Arena in July and it looked great. Unfortunatley, I could not find a photo the the floor in Koch Arena but I really liked it. Now whether or not the cost would be prohibitive I don't know, but we probably need to get our average attendance up in the 7,500 area to pull off something like this.
            I absolutely agree. If we are going to spend money it should be on a floor and net support system.

One of the big advantages we have as a program is our attendance. I don't want to do anything to limit how big a crowd we can achieve.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

It's so Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue !!!
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

Nice set up, we should be looking at something along these lines. Coach Lamb and crew have proven to be worthy of an investment like this. I'll donate, but we can't go very far on my bank account.

Comment

You also have to remember that Creighton didn't have to foot the bill for "its" basketball facility.

In my mind, we'd support the volleyball program more by giving them what they need to succeed inside CKA (floor, support structure), as was stated above. The great facility is already in place.

Comment

Originally posted by shocklight
                    Nice set up, we should be looking at something along these lines. Coach Lamb and crew have proven to be worthy of an investment like this. I'll donate, but we can't go very far on my bank account.
                    I'm with you there. That's why I say to pull this off we need our attendance to at least double from current levels as this would probably take broad-based support. Wonder what a Corporate Sponsor would be willing to ante up for naming rights to the floor?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      Originally posted by shocklight
                      I'm with you there. That's why I say to pull this off we need our attendance to at least double from current levels as this would probably take broad-based support. Wonder what a Corporate Sponsor would be willing to ante up for naming rights to the floor?
                      Fantastic idea. We would first need a cost estimate. If the cost is reasonable (<$250,000?), maybe Dillons (or its parent company) would pay for it because it would get a lot of exposure and, if WSU hosted a subregional or regional, would possibly get national exposure.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If women's b-ball began to draw crowds in the 2-3,000 range, then perhaps a 5-6,000 seat facility for them and volleyball makes sense. But right now, I think CKA is just fine.

Keep in mind, I don't think they've completed fundraising for all the planned baseball improvements, have they?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          If women's b-ball began to draw crowds in the 2-3,000 range, then perhaps a 5-6,000 seat facility for them and volleyball makes sense. But right now, I think CKA is just fine.

Keep in mind, I don't think they've completed fundraising for all the planned baseball improvements, have they?
                          We had two crowds of over 6000 in 2007 and one of about 5900 in 2008. A 6000 seat facility would (hopefully) be too small for volleyball.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If you get much above that I suspect the price tag will increase significantly.

How many does Nebraska's VB facility hold?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              If you get much above that I suspect the price tag will increase significantly.

How many does Nebraska's VB facility hold?
                              The NU Coliseum has a seating capacity of 4,030 and is also used for wrestling. Of course, whether or not NU draws 4,000 or 7,000 for VB matches in not nearly as significant to them as it would be for WSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X