AVCA poll 10/8/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA poll 10/8/07

Others Receiving Votes and appearing on two or more ballots: Louisville 85; Middle Tennessee 78; Sacramento State 63; Pepperdine 52; BYU 38; Long Beach State 37; Wichita State 20; Iowa State 14; Missouri State 8; UNLV 7; Santa Clara 6; Clemson 3; Miami (OH) 3.

Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

I assume "Fair Use" allows for the posting of a small part of the poll. http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...70907195435565 If I am wrong, admins please remove the part beginning Others Receiving Votes. Thanks.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It's cool.

We're getting more votes, which is good. We really need to root for Santa Clara to make their way back into the top 25. Unless a number of teems ahead of us begin to stumble, we have no opportunity to get there ourselves. And as Shocker fans know, even that is no guarantee of a tournament invite.

Having played ranked teams won't mean much if we didn't beat any of them.

Comment

I am always going to look for the negative but it seems odd that MSU drops from 46 votes to 8 and we only gain from 9 to 20.

MSU pounded some quality teams early in the season.

FWIW, I noticed there are 3 Valley coaches that have votes (ISU, MSU and UNI) as well as 3 Big12 coaches (CU, KSU and UT). Other opponents that had votes include Hawaii, Denver and Santa Clara.

That's seven coaches that have seen us. 4 of those coaches were taken to the shed by the Wahine Shockers and the other 3 most likely would have a fair amount of respect for WSU. To me, something doesn't add up.

Also I've looked at some of the other teams, ranked ahead of WSU and I see very little reason to rank some ahead of WSU. I realize my bias, but you would be hard pressed to convince me that CSU or St John's, for instance, have a better resume than our ladies do.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
        X