Like it or not, it's time to start talking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like it or not, it's time to start talking about

The NCAA tournament and specifically the selection process.

I took this from NCAA Handbook:

WSU would meet all the minimum requirements listed. Once the minimum requirements are met, then consideration will be given to geographic proximity and seeding in assigning sites.

When the new rankings come out tomorrow WSU should be in the top 30 or better. It is not out of the question that the Shocks will finish strong with a record around 26-7 (or better) and a top 20 ranking. If they were to run the table, 29-4 would look pretty strong.

Have we submitted the form to be a regional host? The $4k pledge seems laughable for us......the volleyball fair weathered fans would emerge from the woodwork to pack the roundhouse for a regional imho.

I know the team goals are to win the regular and post season MVC championships.......now what is the department's goal?

What do we need to do to get this accomplished folks or is it simply a pipe dream shared by myself, 1972, 316, dregn etc???

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Shocks were ranked 20 something in the nation and left out of the tournament so I'm afraid of even talking about this. I think the AVCA realizes the valley is stronger this year, but does the NCAA? I think for this conversation to occur we'd have to run the table from here on out.

Comment

$4,000 to host a regional?

We could probably go $10k easily.

Keep the single-game price at $7 and charge $12 for an all-session pass.

Using reasonable numbers:
      1,500 all-session passes @ $12 = $18k
      2,500 single-game @ $7 = $17.5k

If WSU were to win their first game, double the single-game numbers.

Comment

Yes the 4k is laughable. I love the numbers you put together Royal. Of course, the BCS programs will just reach into the football program's assistant trainer in charge of pregame juice distribution's petty cash fund to offset the lack of support.

It would be nice if, given a successful finish to the season, the NCAA would reward programs with a solid fan base support, like ours, instead of the automatic BCS good old boys network.

Comment

If they (NCAA) would realize that giving a regional to a school like WSU, where VB interest is already good and has potential for growth, it would better serve them long-term.

I doubt that giving a regional to a BCS school would be as big a deal there as it would at WSU. The NCAA has nothing to gain except a few thousand short-term dollars at a BCS school. Interest there isn't likely to grow much.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            If they (NCAA) would realize that giving a regional to a school like WSU, where VB interest is already good and has potential for growth, it would better serve them long-term.

I doubt that giving a regional to a BCS school would be as big a deal there as it would at WSU. The NCAA has nothing to gain except a few thousand short-term dollars at a BCS school. Interest there isn't likely to grow much.
            And given that WSU is number 8 in the nation is attendance, there are not that many places that would earn the NCAA more money.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What is a link to attendance figures? http://uwbadgers.com/mobile/default.aspx does not lead me to these figures.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                What is a link to attendance figures? http://uwbadgers.com/mobile/default.aspx does not lead me to these figures.
                I think this will get your there:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  I think this will get your therre:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/pdf/?id=6499
                  Thanks!!
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Shockers now #9 in attendance.

As anticipated the Shockers attendance average continues to fall gradually since the K-State game.

It looks like it may be quite a challenge to stay in the Top 10 in attendance this year.

I'm hoping for a couple of really big crowds at the MSU and Creighton matches in November to get us over the hump and keep us in the Top 10.

We'll see says the blind man!

Comment

I hope we can get 5000+ for both MSU and Creighton. This will probably depend on having only one MVC loss (and beating ORU) when these teams visit; Wichita loves a winner!!

Beat The Bushes!! (Yes, including George. :lol: ) Get your friends and neighbors to come to these games.

Comment

I hope we can get 5000+ for both MSU and Creighton. This will probably depend on having only one MVC loss (and beating ORU) when these teams visit; Wichita loves a winner!!

Beat The Bushes!! (Yes, including George. :lol: ) Get your friends and neighbors to come to these games.
                        I haven't been beating the bushes, but I have been beating the drum for these matches, especially the MSU match. I figure it is an easy sell with the $1 admission price.

Hopefully, the AD is planning a decent marketing push for both of these matches.

$1 admission for MSU and Senior Night for the Creighton match.

We did not have a Senior Night last year. Sara and Abby are two outstanding Senior's that have contributed immensely to the WSU VB program and who have represented WSU and our community with great ability, effort and class and both are small town Kansas girls.

Regardless of how the team fares, these two ladies deserve a huge and heartfelt send off for everything they have brought to the table the past 4 years.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          Regardless of how the team fares, these two ladies deserve a huge and heartfelt send off for everything they have brought to the table the past 4 years.
                          Hear Hear!!! Great players and great people. :yes: :good:

Comment

Working...
                          X