Lady Shocks @ Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    '72, when you start quoting yourself, maybe it's time to look inward?
    Hmmm ... Wait, there's lint in my bellybutton. :shock:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

big win for the team. Now they need to get'er done tomorrow night. Should be great momentum going into the back stretch. This should put us #1 in the MVC now, with a win over the team we are tied with.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        '72, when you start quoting yourself, maybe it's time to look inward?
        I look inward a lot. At least I think I do. I have had many people tell me to pull my head out of .......

Never mind. Way to go Shocks.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Wait to go Shocks.
          I've been waiting but I'm not sure what I'm waiting for. 8)
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            Wait to go Shocks.
            I've been waiting but I'm not sure what I'm waiting for. 8)
            :lol: Me either! It's been a long week. Actually, it's been a long year!

Way to go Shocks!

Comment

Creighton, who is still ahead of the Shockers in the National attendance averages, drew a whopping 834 people to last night's Key MVC match.

Take away the large Nebraska Cornhusker crowd that attended the NU/Penn State - CU/Cal Poly doubleheaders in the Quest Center Creighton's average home attendance is 898. Yet they get credit for the Nebraska crowd in the National standings "officially" averaging 2,639 per "home" match.

I'm a little surprised that they did not draw an above average crowd for such an important match with the Shockers.

Comment

If they lose to Missouri State, I'd expect their attendance to drop even more.

We should get another little bump on Nov. 2 with the $1 promotion for the Missouri State game. Plus, you're in to HS football playoffs, which means fewer teams playing and some playing on Saturday instead of Friday night, which should help us a little bit.

Comment

Nice write up on last night's match from the Omaha World-Herald:

The Shockers combined for 11 total team blocks and scorched the Bluejays on the strength of their .310 attacking.

To put that last number in perspective, top-ranked and defending national champion Nebraska hit only .282 when the Huskers beat the Bluejays in three games earlier this year.
                  Nebraska swept Creighton in Lincoln earlier in the year by scores of 30-23, 30-18 and 30-26. Almost identical to the scores the Shockers put up last night. The main differences was that the Shocks were on the road and the Shocks got stronger as the match progressed.

Not saying the Shocks could beat Nebraska. Well they might be able to if they caught Nebraska on an off-night, but it is unlikely they would beat the Cornhuskers. However, the Shocks must have been pretty solid offensively last night. Creighton is a pretty solid team and the Shocks had a lot of trouble with their middle game.

Personally, I was not expecting a sweep of the Bluejays. One great thing about the match was that the Shocks closed each of the three games on a strong run after trailing in all three by 3-4 points early. In fact, in Game 1 they trailed by 4 at the 15-19 mark.

Comment

Working...
                  X